1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poultry Auction in Alderson WV 1st Sat. of every month

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by slyfoxpeeps, Nov 6, 2007.

1. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    Hi all,
    I went to an auction in Alderson WV at the old live stock market last Sat. We had a ball! There were more birds there than I had thought there would be. They also sold rabbits, ducks, and guineses(sp). Lots of roosters, but there were also some nice hens. I purchased one nice Buff Opt. to go with my new Blue Opt. boy, and a few seabright hens and a couple of pretty game hens. [​IMG] So to anyone around the area, we would love to see some more birds!! They said there will be one every month, weather permitting. The next one is DEC. 1st.

2. slyfoxpeeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    An update. I was gathering egg last night and the new Buff Orp. that I purchased from the auction on Sat. had laid me 2 big beautiful eggs!!![​IMG]
    I only have one little barnie batam laying right now and was not expecting any from the new girls so you can imagion my surprise!! [​IMG]

sly

3. slyfoxpeeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    [​IMG] Morning! I just wanted to remind anyone living around the area that the Auction is this Sat! I'll be there with hot coffee and a blanket, and I'll be getting there around 3pm to check out all the birds. last time I didn't get there early enough to see them all before the sale. It starts at 5. Would love to see some BYCers there!! [​IMG]
    Sylvia

4. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    Hey, can you PM me with information. Its a bit of a drive for me, but seeing as its in WV, it would be nice to pass on the info here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by