Poultry care books for kids

Muscovy Wunda

Free Ranging
5 Years
Nov 5, 2018
Central West NSW Australia
My 8yr old son has taken a big interest in studying poultry lately, and he's been attempting to read my copy of Storeys Guide to Raising Poultry but there are some tricky words in there. I'm wondering if there are any more age appropriate or easy reading books out there. He's interested in all the poultry, not just chickens. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

"The 4H Guide To Raising Chickens" is really good. I'm not sure who it's by, but the cover has a lot of pictures with orange around the edges.

It's great that your son is into chickens! I highly recommend 4H if there are any groups in your area.
Unfortunetly no groups like that over here, but I should still be able to get their books thanks ☺

My local library has books on chickens that range from child age content that are mostly pictures to the more encyclopedic Storey's Guide. What we don't have locally on the shelves can usually be ordered via inter-library loan (free where I live).

YouTube videos are also a great way to learn many things visually. If the content is too deep for an 8 year old, there are many other poultry videos to watch and learn from.

I may get this one for my 7 yr old granddaughter
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 5.00.45 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom