1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poultry Electrolyte Pack?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by amysue2012, May 12, 2008.

1. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    I went to the feed store the other day and picked up an electrolyte pack says A supplemental source of electrolytes and nutrients and direct-fed microbials. Is this a good thing? I was going to give it to my show silkies? Right now Im giving them Chick Starter/Grower. They are 5 weeks old.

2. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Help anyone?

3. Texas Fluffy Feet

Texas Fluffy Feet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Arlington, TX
    I am no expert as I am fairly new to chickens myself. However, in the information I have read on electrolytes they are primarily for the very hot days of summer when the chickens are under heat stress or for chicks recovering from illness or stress of some other sort.

Electrolytes are a good thing to have on hand, just not for daily use. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon and they will correct me if I'm wrong. [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I have my chicks on Durvet (brand) Vitamins and Electrolytes. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by