POULTRY FENCE QUESTION

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by goodrich, Apr 18, 2009.

1. goodrich

goodrich New Egg

Apr 9, 2009
    Vermont
    I am going to be placing an order for PoultryNet fencing and am looking for advice on the best height of either 42" or 48"? I plan on rotating the fencing every couple of weeks and thought the 42" would be a bit easier to handle, but I wanted to get some feedback from some folks who have used this type of fencing to get there opinions. Thanks for any suggestions.

George in Vermont

2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I have the 48". Height is not going to make any difference whatsoever in how easy to set up or move; it will probably make a *little* difference in how much it sags (esp with wind) but since you will want to stake the corners back *anyhow* I'm not sure that'll matter. If you are tall you might be able to step over the 42" but not the 48"; me, though, I have to undo the tie and walk between the end posts to get in (with charger off) and would still have to even if my fence were 6" lower [​IMG]

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

3. spottedtail

spottedtail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Minnesota
    I chose the 42" and I like it because I can step over it (barely) when I have to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by