1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poultry judge questions?

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by audy5000g, Jun 14, 2016.

1. audy5000g

audy5000g Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2013
    What are common questions for judge will ask that kids should know for poultry showmanship ?

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    They ask you to do the showing of the bird (show the wing, show the undercoat, show the tail, show the feet, etc) and I always run into questions about diseases like "Tell me all you know about -BLANK-" or "Tell me all about a disease of your choosing". They also want to know what you know about your chicken, they ask for the breed, when it was standardized, when the colour was standardized, the standard weights of the bird, other colours the bird comes in, one thing that makes this breed unique, and more.

Also, know the bird next to you. I've been asked to switch birds with the person next to me, so its best to know all you can about the birds to your right or left, at least basics like gender, colour, breed, ect. :D

Best of Luck :D

3. audy5000g

audy5000g Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2013
    Wow that's great

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by