Poultry judge questions?

They ask you to do the showing of the bird (show the wing, show the undercoat, show the tail, show the feet, etc) and I always run into questions about diseases like "Tell me all you know about -BLANK-" or "Tell me all about a disease of your choosing". They also want to know what you know about your chicken, they ask for the breed, when it was standardized, when the colour was standardized, the standard weights of the bird, other colours the bird comes in, one thing that makes this breed unique, and more.

Also, know the bird next to you. I've been asked to switch birds with the person next to me, so its best to know all you can about the birds to your right or left, at least basics like gender, colour, breed, ect. :D

Best of Luck :D

They ask you to do the showing of the bird (show the wing, show the undercoat, show the tail, show the feet, etc) and I always run into questions about diseases like "Tell me all you know about -BLANK-" or "Tell me all about a disease of your choosing". They also want to know what you know about your chicken, they ask for the breed, when it was standardized, when the colour was standardized, the standard weights of the bird, other colours the bird comes in, one thing that makes this breed unique, and more. 

Also, know the bird next to you. I've been asked to switch birds with the person next to me, so its best to know all you can about the birds to your right or left, at least basics like gender, colour, breed, ect. :D 

Best of Luck :D
Wow that's great

Back
Top Bottom