Poultry not availabla in the US

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by poultrycrazy, Nov 15, 2010.

1. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    I am looking to buy a breed of chickens that arent available anywhere in the US. Kind of like what Greenfire farm does. Any breeders or breeds would be appreciated

2. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    What breed? Black Javas?

3. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    What breed? Black Javas?

Actually Black Javas are in the United States. There are varieties of Orpingtons that aren't, and some Wyandottes.​

4. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    What kind of wyandottes and orpingtons are NOT available in the US? Any bantams?

Thanks

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I guess I'm not sure what you're wanting. If you are looking for a UK breeder to buy from your best bet would be to look at some of the UK poultry sites. If you find somebody willing to jump thru all the hoops on their side of the Atlantic then you need to get all the permits and paperwork done here to be able to import them legally.

6. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Quote:I understand it is quite costly as well. Then again if you.were to get.good.quality stock from them you would be able to make back your money as well.

7. Ivy061

Ivy061 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2010
    Sulphur, LA
    Norfolk Greys are rather hard to find in the US as well as Scots Grey.
    Some you can also look into are Asturian Painted Hens, Belgian d'Everbergs, Marsh Daisies, and Barbu de Watermaels.

8. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Colored Sultans

9. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I'm going to the National poultry show in Frankfurt Germany Dec 16-19. They have 23,400 birds entered. What are you looking for?

10. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Quote:so lucky! I know what I would come back with. LF Blue & Chocolate Partridge Wyandotte eggs or any way!
    Plus any very rare breed that needs all the help it can get. Yep I so would jump on bringing eggs or something home.
    Hope you have a safe trip and if you can take pics that would be great to see!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by