Poultry or Livestock sales in southwest Alabama?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CrimsonTide248, Jun 11, 2009.

1. CrimsonTide248

CrimsonTide248 Songster

Aug 11, 2008
    Bay Minette
    Does anyone know of any poultry or livestock sales in southwest Alabama? We are moving back home to the Baldwin county, Mobile county area at the end of the month. So I was just wanting to find a sale in the area to start selling some of my chicks.

2. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    There is one in Opp on the 3rd Sat. of the month. There is one in Luverne and Brewton as well (can't remember which Sat. just now) These are more central south Al too btw.

3. CrimsonTide248

CrimsonTide248 Songster

Aug 11, 2008
    Bay Minette
    Do you know of any contact info, so that I will know exactly where to go and when to go? The one in Brewton is a doable trip.

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I will have to check about the Brewton one. I don't have their # on hand but I can call my dad up this afternoon and get it. The Opp one is 334-493-4568. I will pM you Brewton later [​IMG]

5. CrimsonTide248

CrimsonTide248 Songster

Aug 11, 2008
    Bay Minette
    Thank you very much. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It would help to know where several of the sales are so if anyone else knows of some too, please let me know.

6. d1

d1 Songster

May 9, 2009
    Saucier,Ms.
    lucedale,ms has auction/fleamarket every wed its about an hour from mobile.

7. Julie_A

Julie_A Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    The Brewton Livestock Auction is every Saturday. Goats start at noon. People gather in the parking area around 8 a.m. to sell everything from chickens to peas. There's also an equipment auction there the first Saturday of the month. Probably not in July because of the holiday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: