Poultry processing in Southern New Jersey or Philadelphia area?

Mingming

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 15, 2012
NJ
Does anyone know of a poultry processor in these areas? I'm almost 3 weeks into my first set of 25 meat chickens, and the only reason I wouldn't do them again is the amount of time it might take to process. 2 weekends during the peak of my planting season isn't going to work. Otherwise, we're having a lot of fun with them and they're growing great! And the more I read about supermarket chicken, the more I want to know what the chicken on my plate has eaten :)

Thanks for any advice!

I'm in Moorestown.... If the drive was going to take all day, I guess it would make as much sense for me to do them myself too! Then I wouldn't be wasting gas money either :) I'll check out the farm you'd mentioned, jerseyrooster. Thanks for the feedback!

Godek farms is going to do them for $1.50 per... and they're only about an hour away. He said I could stay and watch them being processed, too - which sounds neat! and there was no minimum order.... so I think I'm going to get ready to get a second batch of 25 :)

Godek farms is going to do them for $1.50 per... and they're only about an hour away. He said I could stay and watch them being processed, too - which sounds neat! and there was no minimum order.... so I think I'm going to get ready to get a second batch of 25 :)

did you ever do this? how did you make out? i'm kinda in the same boat...need a few chickens processed. In atlantic county Nj.

I've used Godeks for years. It's $3 a bird now but well worth it for me. Very clean place and the workers are friendly. It's not pretty to watch as they throw the birds into barrels instead of hanging in cones and you might see cute fluffy bunnies being butchered (why anyone would want to eat a little Lionhead bunny over a big New Zealand is beyond me). They will also do turkeys. I usually take 10-12 at a time.

Back
Top Bottom