Poultry Processor in Central NC

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by DogChickenDad, Sep 5, 2014.

1. DogChickenDad

DogChickenDad Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2013
    The poultry processor I had been using in NC (Chaudry) has sold his operation and I am not sure if the new owners will do custom jobs. The next closest processor is 3 hours away.

My wife and kids have said no to me doing the processing so I need to find someone who will. I have 15 roosters that need to be taken care of, anybody have any suggestions or leads?

2. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    Man, I feel your pain. Biggest problem around. Send wife and kids to an overnight stay and get it done. [​IMG]

3. maranfarmer563

maranfarmer563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    I'm in northern Pennsylvania,if closer me and my son would come over and give you a hand. Check at your local feed mill,they know who is raising meat chickens.

4. DogChickenDad

DogChickenDad Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2013
    I did talk to my feed store guy yesterday, he has arranged for me to get the 15 roosters to a local farmer in a couple of weeks to be processed when the farmer does his flock. I am tired of these boys assaulting my girls. They will sure be tasty in stew!

It is a shame a custom processor can't stay afloat nowadays. I was planning on growing more meat birds and selling them but now I have to rethink that idea. Seems to me a co-op could make use of a mobile processor but then again for a small bunch like mine it would not be worth the rental cost.

5. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    Good news!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by