Poultry Registration?

Naamahbengals

Songster
9 Years
May 17, 2013
Is there a place to register poultry, or etc? How do you become an 'official' breeder? I ask this because I know that putting forward a new breed requires x amount of chickens with x amount of breeders raising them, etc. So... how do you show how many you have? Or prove how many people are breeding them? And if theres no registration, how are people kept from lying - for example, saying that they have 10 breeders and 100 chickens, when in reality they are saying their friends are breeders and theres only 65 chickens, all on the same property. How are things kept strait? Does someone come out and inspect each breeder that keeps the chickens to see that they have them? (But what if they bred the required number but only kept back a few?)

I'm wondering how this works.

Is there a place to register poultry, or etc? How do you become an 'official' breeder? I ask this because I know that putting forward a new breed requires x amount of chickens with x amount of breeders raising them, etc. So... how do you show how many you have? Or prove how many people are breeding them? And if theres no registration, how are people kept from lying - for example, saying that they have 10 breeders and 100 chickens, when in reality they are saying their friends are breeders and theres only 65 chickens, all on the same property. How are things kept strait? Does someone come out and inspect each breeder that keeps the chickens to see that they have them? (But what if they bred the required number but only kept back a few?)

I'm wondering how this works.

This is something that only matters when recognizing a new breed, as you mention. I believe you would have to submit records over the required numbers of years etc. BYC user fowlman01 is Walt Leonard and is on the APA Standard committee, so he would probably one of the only ones on here that can accurately answer your question.

Back
Top Bottom