1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poultry Shows and Champion Ducks!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sophieoneill, Feb 9, 2014.

1. sophieoneill

sophieoneill Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2013
    Post about your preparation for poultry shows, your experience, and pictures of your show champion ducks [​IMG]

2. sophieoneill

Oct 30, 2013
    Hey all, here is some pics of my prize winners at the National Show [​IMG] Please post some pics if you have won with your ducks at Poultry Shows!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  3. pinusresinosa

pinusresinosa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    Nice!!

4. sophieoneill

Oct 30, 2013
    Thanks [​IMG] It was a great day, lots of effort and preparation!! Great for people who show an interest in poultry and waterfowl..and also for new people that want to get to know a breed before they buy!!

5. pinusresinosa

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    Yes! It's a fantastic way for people to see what a healthy, beautiful duck looks like and what other breeds look like! We saw a LOT last year at our county fair and our state fair, and I was astounded by what showbirds look like. My daughter fell in love with the calls, so I think that someday she'll want to breed her own. I was in love with this pair of champion appleyards... they were just lovely.

6. sophieoneill

Oct 30, 2013
    Yes some of the show birds are amazingly clean and beautiful..I love seeing all the other duck breeds at the show and it is a great way to meet good breeders of poultry and waterfowl too :) Especially if you have bought hatching eggs from them and you can see what the parent stock looks like :) I have just bought some Saxony hatching duck eggs from a Champion Saxony duck pair which were also at the show..so I can't wait to see them hatch!! Here is a pic of the pair :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. pinusresinosa

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    That saxony hen makes the pair. If you get chicks and your chicks make babies, can I have some hatching eggs?? [​IMG]

8. sophieoneill

Oct 30, 2013
    Haha, we'll see if they hatch first ;) I will update with pics when they hatch :)

9. pinusresinosa

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    Heh, yep! An update would be wonderful on how yours hatch! Beautiful parents for sure.

10. sophieoneill

Oct 30, 2013
    Aww thanks, yes they are beauties :) What breeds of ducks do you own? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by