Poultry Supplies!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by thunderwagn, Oct 11, 2009.

1. thunderwagn

thunderwagn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado
    I hope this is in the rite spot. But I wanna know a good place to buy poultry supplies. I know of Smith Poultry Supplies, and they are good, but sometimes their hours and slowness to respond are a conflict. I am mostly looking for like plastic cage cups (for showing etc.) books, bands, etc. Just kinda curious. Like I said, Smith is great, and they are top notch, but there has to be some competition.

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    My Pet Chicken sells supplies. IMO, they are a little expensive..

3. bigchickenman

bigchickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Miamisburg,Ohio
    You can check Randell Burkey.com

4. Farmington

Farmington Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
  5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hi thunder, the Merchatile up in Brighton on I think Bridge St sells all the stuff you need for chickens. They're pretty helpful, decent prices, and the hours are handy. Or if you have a Murdochs they should be good to. But we go to the Merchantile quite often. Good luck!

Cara

6. thunderwagn

thunderwagn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks everyone. Checked out all the sites and seems Smith is still the one to beat. Plus they have everything I need. I actually just got back from the Merchantile:lol: Ours up here is Ok. Its very hit or miss, and the selection isn't always the greatest. I end up at Jax more often than not, however, they like the $$$$ a bit to much there:lau The Merchantile does usually have the best prices tho for most stuff it seems. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Have you checked Cutler Supply? I just ordered an incubator thermometer from them.

8. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Cutler Supply is the best and most reasonable. Here is the link. You can get the catalog and have small orders sent threw regular mail. Cheaper then UPS. I bought wooden eggs ,banddettes and a toe punch threw them to my mail box. Took a couple of days only I had to call to figure on the shipping very helpful people.

http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/

9. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    I also recommend Cutler Supply. Good prices and fast delivery.

10. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Depending on what you need, we have a BYC member here that has started their own poultry supply store. Ordered one of their catalogs and you can order online also....

Look up PamperedPullet on BYC and look at their website..good prices and shipping costs/[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by