Poultry Supplies

CUDA

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2008
Michigan
Is there a good place in the southern/central area of Michigan where you can buy stuff like egg trays for GQF incubators, chick boxes, etc... I don't mean TSC either, they don't carry that stuff. Online places want to charge you outrageous prices for shipping! I live very close to Indiana, and Ohio too. Thanks.

Did you try Cutlers? They are in Michigan, not sure if they are withing driving distance to you or not. They are very reasonable with their prices.

Yes, I have ordered from them in the past, they are too far of a drive for me. They wanted 30.00 shipping for a 15.00 order!

Call them and check shipping. I LOVE Cutlers. I got a Genesis incubator, legbands, waterer and 2 plastic egg trays all shipped to Virginia for $11 shipping.

Quote:
There is no money to be made on shipping. It depends on weight and sometimes size, not on the value of the item. It's not so much what "they wanted", but what they needed to charge to cover their costs. If you're not willing to drive, then you must pay for it to be delivered. Simple as that. They're not in business to loose money by not charging what they need to for shipping. Nothing is for free. Do you know how much diesel fuel is going for these days?

Quote:
What is the item you're looking for? I am guessing it's very heavy to require $30 shipping. Total weight of my box was 10 lbs for $11 shipping.

I called them back, and they were supposed to check into it for me, and call me back, but never did... I am trying to get some egg trays, and some chick boxes. I found they had a listing on ebay too for the chick boxes, and they only wanted like 13.00 or so ( I don't remember the exact amount right off hand )for shipping! They need to get their stuff together if they are going to get my business...

Back
Top Bottom