Poultry Swap/Farm Day TSC Scarborough, Maine July 16th

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Widget, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Widget

Widget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    There is a poultry swap/farm day scheduled for July 16th (10 am - 2 pm) on July 16th at the TSC in Scarborough, Maine. I was just there today and the sign is already out on their big sign next to the road.

SCARBOROUGH TSC (#1197)
    1 SOUTHGATE RD SCARBOROUGH ME 04074
    (207) 396-5100

(I'm not the one organizing this swap but figured I would start a thread about it to get the information out there.)

2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    thank you for getting this thread started. you don't have to be the contact person to do it, it's just to get the info out there and find out who is bringing what, who is looking for something and helping for us to plan out weekends know where the next swap is.

3. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    we are thinking about attending anyone else ??

4. jaimslee4u

jaimslee4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:Thank YOU!!!

I already posted in the previous TSC thread. I am looking for pullets 8 wks old or above. Full grown hens ok. Any breed. Mutts welcome.

Just trying to get a feel as to who is bringing what. Chickn did get PM me already (thank You) and we are considering.

5. Widget

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    I will just have some two week old mutts. Wish they were older but not much I can do about it. Hopefully someone will want some youngsters.

And I am bringing my 17" Wintec 2000 saddle to see if I can sell it or at least get people thinking about it. I've had two people look at it but neither decided to buy. One because it wouldn't fit her horse and the other because it wasn't really what she wanted in a saddle.

6. jaimslee4u

jaimslee4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Maine
    Bring it! You never know. The pullets/hens I am looking for is actually someone who owns a very large horse barn. [​IMG]

7. Poultry Run Farm

Poultry Run Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Maine
    We are going to try this one too. That's funny we were going through a storage trailer and found some left over tack we are going to bring also, you never know. It's getting a little warmer to truck too many birds that far. They did fine at Sanford, plenty of water and kept them shaded.

Will go through in the next couple of days to see what she has left getting down there finally, all but the new hatchlings.

I know we will have little giant incubators.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  8. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    have not decided for sure yet if I am going. I have several orpingtons 5 weeks and 8 weeks, lavenders, blacks, cuckoo (most are split to lav if not visual lav). few wyandotte crosses and if I have room, some plants- oregano, garlic, spiderwort, hostas. also have a few sizzles for pick up here- too young to take. of course anyone wanting to come here will get a better selection.

9. Widget

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    The weather looks great although a bit on the warm side. But no rain.

10. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    for sale
    amberlinks
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by