Poultry Swap Meet in Monroe, Oklahoma

SkyBlueEgg

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 6, 2008
Winnfield
Hi All,

Could I get some information on the Poultry Swap Meet in Monroe, Oklahoma? I have never been to it and I could use some contact information, dates, times and anything else you would like to share.

Thanks!

If you are referring to Daniels Auction on hwy 83 between Monroe an Howe, OK. it is held the 1st an 3rd Friday of each month the next one being the 15th of Aug. starting time is 6:00 p.m. contact phone number is 918-658-2378 hope this helps ............look forward to seeing you there I try to make each sale ..........just ask for Frenchy

Thanks Frenchy!
big_smile.png
I will do my best to be there.

Hi,

I as thinking about taking some young turkeys and a few Araucana (the real ones) to the Monroe, OK Auction on the 17th. Can anyone tell me how prices have been lately?

Thanks,

A C

Last edited:
Quote:
What breed of turkey and what color of Araucana? I might be interested in some, but I doubt we'll be able to go to the auction on the 17th. Are you going to go to Chickenstock in Poteau on the 25th? Here's the link for the Chickenstock, if you haven't seen it https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=37986

And here's a link to the Okies in the BYC if you haven't visited it yet. It's a great place to chat with fellow Okies! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1043426#p1043426

Hi Carla,

Thanks for the info. I doubt I will make it to ChickenStock, I have just too many shows right now.

I was hoping to get to Monroe since it is close to me and sell a few birds - getting ready for Winter. These are birds that for whatever reason I don't want to put on EggBid. I have three Araucana hens in particular that have fertility issues that lay nice eating eggs but I would not want to sell to anyone as breeders. They are all three out of Red or BB Red breeding programs. All are rumpless and one has two big even tufts.

On the turkeys, I have a Blue Slate hen that is about 20 weeks old. Also I have four 12 week old Bourbon Reds - sexes still unknown.

I am still debating on whether to take them to the auction or just sell them locally. :|

A C

Back
Top Bottom