Poultry Trade Day in Monroe County, (southeast) TN. Saturday Dec. 6th

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by B. Saffles Farms, Nov 29, 2008.

1. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    This coming Saturday between Sweetwater and Madisonville, TN on Highway 68 there is a Poultry Trade Day. All are welcome. There is usually a really good turn out, hopefully the weather will be good. Directions from I-75 Take the TN-68 exit, EXIT 60, toward SWEETWATER/SPRING CITY. Turn onto TN-68 S. Stay on hwy 68 until you past the Lost Sea, The Poultry Trade Day is located about a mile past The Lost Sea on the left, right next to a feed store. Hope to see you there.

2. Tn Gamebirds

Tn Gamebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

This trade day is usually a pretty good one if the weather is good !

It's the first Saturday of every month. They also have one the third Saturday. But the first Saturday is usually best

YOU GOT TO GET THERE EARLY.....everyone comes at daylight and usually starts thinning out by 9am

Of course it's always better in the summer months, but has been a pretty good crowd there every month so far

Thanks for posting and letting everyone know about this bsaffles
    we need to support these trade days around our area

It's usually i think $3.00 to set up and sell your birds or goats. And that goes to the land owner for letting us use the place

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Kewl, I've got some cockerals to move...

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I've heard of this but haven't made it yet.
    Won't make it this weekend, though [​IMG]
    DH is very set on not doing anything chicken-related this weekend except for scraping out the pen.

5. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Don't forget, tomorrow is the Poultry Trade Day between Sweetwater and Madisonville. Like Tngamebirds said, you have to get there early around daylight, and it is usually thinning out around 9 am. The weather is suposed to be a little chilly, but sunny. So if you can make it, hope to see you there.

6. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    I will probably be there. I usually go and sell my extra quail, It is a great swap meet I think. I bought a nice trio of Frizzles there last month. Last month unfortunally deer huting season had just started so there was not a large turn out as there usually is. I took alot of quail back home. I got there so early I was the first person there! Sitting all by myself in the dark. Oh well, hopefully there will be alot of people tomorrow.

7. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I hear you, deer season, and the colder weather has slowed everything down. But maybe we will have a good turn out tomorrow. I'll be there.

8. Tn Gamebirds

Tn Gamebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

There was a pretty good turn out this morning considering the cold tempatures!!

Plenty of large breeds and Bantams too
    with a few turkeys ,pigeons and goats thrown in

Hope to see everyone next month

9. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I was a little suprised to see such a good turn out yesterday, with it being so cold. I ended up buying a nice pair of Fawn Duckwings. Cant wait till next time.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by