Poultry Trade Day in Monroe County, TN. 1st & 3rd Sat. *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by B. Saffles Farms, Dec 16, 2008.

1. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    The first and third Saturday of every month between Sweetwater and Madisonville, TN on Highway 68 there is a Poultry Trade Day. All are welcome. There is usually a really good turn out, hopefully the weather will be good. Directions from I-75 Take the TN-68 exit, EXIT 60, toward SWEETWATER/SPRING CITY. Turn onto TN-68 S. Stay on hwy 68 until you past the Lost Sea, The Poultry Trade Day is located about a mile past The Lost Sea on the left, right next to a feed store. Hope to see you there.

No charge for parking. Sellers are charged $3. For all types of poultry and small animals. People are their around daylight and its usually winding down around 9am or shortly after.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
  2. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Tomorrow Dec. 20th is the 3rd Saturday. The Poultry Trade Day will be taking place. Hope everyone that can will attend.

3. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    This coming Saturday is the Poultry Trade Day. On the first Saturday there is usually a great turn out. So if your in the area hope youll drop by.

4. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Just a reminder, this Saturday is the Poultry Trade Day. The weather is susposed to be partly sunny and 58 to 60.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sounds like fun. I'm about an hour from there. We're building a new pen, but I'll see if DH wants to go.

6. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Sounds great. We usually have a pretty good turn out especially on the first Saturday. Everyone is usually there about daybreak, and usually winding down by 9 am.

7. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    So it should be on for THIS Saturday too??? Cuz I have four or more I'd like to move.

8. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Yes it will be this Saturday.

9. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    is it only chickens or are the ducks as well?

10. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Any kind of poultry, ducks, chickens, quail, peafowl, turkeys, pheasants, etc.. are welcome. Ive even seen goats, and rabbits, and even a puppy or two there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by