Poultry Wish List

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by N F C, Nov 19, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    With the holidays coming along with the 2015 hatchery catalogs it must mean it's time to get our poultry-related wish lists ready!

What would be on your wish list? Here's what would be on mine:

A few new chicks (Barnvelder, White Leghorn, Cream Legbar, Black Copper Marans & an Olive Egger)
    Some meat birds
    A couple geese (Pilgrims)
    An automatic coop door
    An automatic water system
    A bigger coop & run

Wow, the list keeps getting longer and longer the more I think about it. Better stop with this!

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The main birds on my wish list would be Icelandic Chickens and Ayam Cemanis (both a rooster and some hens). They are both rare and expensive (especially the ACs), and I'm very unlikely to ever buy any on my own. :eek:)

3. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Michael, hope your wishes come true! The AC's are striking and the Icelandic are so beautiful.

4. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Yeah! I have a long wish list, then my wife knocks it down a bit!
    I will be hatching out Wellsummers in the spring and I have enough egg layers for now. So meat breeds are on the wish list right now.
    The only definite will get is White Jersey Giants. On the wish list and a maybe get Bresse.
    On the wish list I sent to Santa, Ayam Cemanis, I don't think it is going to happen.
    I am talking to someone that is getting Cemani Red Leghorn cross hatching eggs and says should have extras and lives close enough to pick them up. Still haven't discussed price yet though.
    Maybe some Guinea hens also.

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Thanks. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but it would be nice. :eek:)

6. Beer can

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    The first time I read about Cemanis was a article called 'Lamborghini of poultry', and Greenfire was selling them for $5,000 a pair. The owner said eventually the population will grow and the price will fall. There down to $2,000 a pair now! (maybe someday they will knock a zero off the end and our wish will come true! ,and I still don't think my wife would allow it at $200pr)
    I've heard of some being sold much lower than that but still out of my league, crosses even more reasonable so I'm hoping.

7. Cabin Katie

Cabin Katie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2014
    I would like some poulet de bresse and blue Isbars. Both have a great back story.

1 person likes this.
  8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    LOL, spouses do have a way of keeping our chicken math in check, don't they. Sigh, mine too. [​IMG]

9. Beer can

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Bresse are on my wish list, want to see if they live up to the hype of 'best tasting chicken in the world'. There is a breeder not far from me that advertised on Craigslist $125 for breeding trios. I had some tell me you can get hatching eggs cheaper, but I figure it takes $$ to grow them to that size and I can hatch more. So my wish may come true!

10. KurtG

KurtG Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2014
    Maryland
    I already ordered my wish list :). My wife said she is terrified, lol. Might be better that way as I got to get what I want. It would be longer but we can not keep many here and only hens which is the real kicker. As it is, I will have to get rid of quite a few once they grow out and we decide who we are keeping. I got Black Copper Marans, Blue Splash Marans, Golden Cuckoo Marans, and Cuckoo Marans- all pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by