Power failure/ Here's Ponder!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by walkswithdog, Oct 27, 2008.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Day 21, lost power sometime in the night until 7am. It was 86.5 in there when I got up. [​IMG] [​IMG] :thun

I knew they'd be late because my temps have been on the low edge rather than the high. Now I don't know if they're all right at all. I candled last night before I went to bed. The remaining eggs are dark on candle, the air cells were right, not much room in there now.

Guess I just hang on and see. I'd appreciate good thoughts. I'm a little [​IMG]

Only one survivor was born, and only because I intervened totally after he'd cried for almost 40 hours. I missed seeing where he'd pipped low down and was totally wedged. He's an amazing fighter. I had to run and find him friends yesterday, the PR's treat him like a bug, and he's awful small.

[​IMG]

The wee, Master Ponder, standing where he was born.

[​IMG] His new buddies: Snark BO that's daring me to take the pic, Markham the SLW, and another BO who hasn't earned his handle yet.

Hugs to you all, thanks to Delinda for the tinies to keep him company.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Should be fine, maybe delayed alittle. I've lost power before with hatches and had great ones! Fingers crossed for you.

3. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  4. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    That would make me a nervous wreck. I'm no good at the waiting and seeing part..lol Good luck!!

5. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Yeah, you can just color me a basket case for the rest of the week. Thanks for the thoughts. I'd settle for just one out of my first attempt.

[​IMG]

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Good Luck [​IMG]

7. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Thanks Locked. I know you've been through it. In an attempt to get the temps up and evened out I threw in the computer fan that I bought online and then wired to the 12v thingy, last week.

I hadn't put it in before because I didn't feel the need for it but now that I'm flat out panicking, I'd do anything.

It's warming up but now the thermostat is behaving oddly.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I have heard of people having power outages and their eggs still hatch. So dont give up hope!

9. Jamie821

Jamie821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    Hey hon hang in there has happened to me numerous time was never a prob, They may take slightly longer but in my cases had good results. I will be watching for you in our halloween hatch post. My wellies just went in hatcher today so time is almost here . I dont think you have anything to worry about

10. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    [​IMG] did they hatch Ok?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by