1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Power of positive thinking (experiment)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seismic wonder2, Feb 20, 2009.

1. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    OK, this sounds sort of crazy but here goes...

The way you think actually effects the world around you.
    I thought it was bumpkis also but I did the experiment AND IT"S TRUE!

Here it is...
    Take 4 carrots all about the same size.
    cut them about 1/2 inch below the green end and trim off any leaves etc..

place them in 2 saucers, cut side down. lable one dish with a (+) and one dish (-) and place them in a window for light.
    Keep them watered but every day look at the (+) carrots and think "You are beautiful plant, you will be green and lush" etc...
    on the (-) carrots think "you are horrible, I hate you, you will whither and die, brown and disgusting"

In a few weeks the (+) one was nice a green growing well....the (-) one was dead and molding.

You all should try this. It's really freaky. and makes you think about life in general.

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Interesting

3. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I did it as part of my ReKi Master and Teacher training to prove the power of healing energy.

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I have always been a believer in the power of positive thought to overcome any of the trials of life...just never tried it with carrots...but it has always worked for me anyway...power to the positive!

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    My daughter did a similar experiment with sprouting seeds. The ones she sent love to sprouted more seeds MUCH faster than the ones she talked meanly to.

That's when she hooked into the locavore philosophy, too. Because backyard & less industrial growers are automatically thinking better thoughts to their plants (in her opinion). So she thinks being a locavore gets you healthier & happier fruits & veggies, not just 'greener' ones.

And she already likes eating eggs from happy hens [​IMG]

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I started learning about Reiki but couldn't find a teacher in my area that I felt was worth anything [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by