Power out for 3 hrs. Update!!! Hatch report

perrym1962

Songster
14 Years
Oct 21, 2007
Eastview, Ky..
My power went out this morning from 5:00 am till 8:30 am. I was gone to work, but my dw called me when the power came back on. I candled a few when I got home from work and they are still moving around really good. 14 of them are 13 days along and the other 90 are 10 days along. So maybe they will be ok....
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Timely thread. We are expecting bad weather tonight, a little bit of every thing and I was concerned, well, I still am. I'm going to try not to lose sleep over it. We survived the wind the other day.

Quote:
You can buy a 500 watt battery backup at Staples for $50. Most bators are only 40 watts
so it can give you an hour of heater time if you ration the power.

Quote:
You can buy a 500 watt battery backup at Staples for $50. Most bators are only 40 watts

NOW you tell me!! I'm am not going back out there now!

Quote:

NOW you tell me!! I'm am not going back out there now!

Keep some rocks baking in the oven at the lowest heat possible. You can put them
in the bator to hold the temp. Use rocks around the size of a tennis ball and careful
styrofoam melts real easy. You can also keep a pot of water on the stove at 180 degrees
but water won't hold temp for long. If power is out for an extended time you can use
your gas grill to heat the rocks and rotate them through.

Then there is the body heat concept. Ever get broody???

Last edited:
Quote:
The grill is ready to go. I figured I could heat water on it then out it in something that won't melt and put it in there. Rocks sound like a good option. We certainly have those around here!

Back
Top Bottom