Power Out!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ColbyNTX, May 3, 2009.

1. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Hey everybody, I am new here and actually just joined last night. I have eggs hatching today and wouldn't you know it, the power went out this AM with the strong storms passsing through East Texas. I also have 11 more eggs in there due Thursday. Thank god I have a generator. They are a must have when you live as far in the sticks as we do. I live south of Carthage in the Sabine River bottom I have been reading here for a while but finally joined. By the way, the eggs today today are RIR's and Thursday are Ameracaunas. I had to go to many farms in my travels to find ones the looked like good chickens and roosters and not juss EE's. I want some SLRW's for my next hatch. I hope I can find come. Great site here and I do enjoy and look forward to getting to know yall.

ColbyNTX

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Ah yes... the famous North Texas storms. I have a tree down in my back yard thanks to those storms...

Did you hear that Valley Ranch was collapsed while the Cowboys were training? No players were hurt, but a few media men were carried out with broken backs....

3. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Yes, saw it on the derby pre race show yesterday. All the tornadoes stayed north of I-20 last night. We live about 40 miles south on the Louisiana line>

4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I'm familiar. Good place to be!

(I'm from South Louisiana)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by