power outage disaster :***(***

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Loretta212, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    so this is day 3 for us without power ( at my inlwas right now washing my sons diapers) if you have seen my threads i just hatched 5 chicks and had about 14 more ggs in the incubator!! my second hatch was going so well it was so awesome to see all the little chickies popping out of the eggs. Well i woke up to no power and a pile of cold lifeless chicks [​IMG] it was hartbraking i got 3 of them to come back by the wood stove so i thought only 1 has survieved this oct blizard:(. I also made the mistake of setting the incubator next tothe wood and melted the side of it uggghhh i am happy that my last chick is up eating, drinking and doing good but i cant help but feel so bad for the rest of them [​IMG]

2. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    [​IMG] sorry

3. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    wow...that is soooo awful. [​IMG] can't you hook it up at your in laws? maybe its too late.

4. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I'm so sorry this happened. [​IMG]

5. jessicayarno

jessicayarno Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Sooo sorry hon... I have been thinking about that lately.. I have wondered what I would do if the power went out and we didn't have a generator or anything to keep the baby chicks warm, let alone ourselves..

6. tkay6205

tkay6205 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Knottsville, KY
    I am very sorry!

7. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I am so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

8. h4ppy-chris

h4ppy-chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK
    sooooooooooooooo sorry for you and yours [​IMG] i hope things get better for you [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  9. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    i have one chickie going strong! we name it alfred after the storm i was thinking about taking the incubator to my in laws but they would have no idea what to do and it wont hold heat anymore now that my genius self melted the side! but I HAVE POWER NOW !!!! only took 5 days but i am happy to have my one survivor and I will be hatching again WHEN ITS WARM!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by