Power outage overnight, day 2 of incubation

Chotii

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Seattle area (Kirkland)
Doggone it, I've probably just lost a SECOND batch of 24 eggs. We had a power outage overnight; I only set those eggs 2 days ago. I don't know how cold the incubator got. I know the power was fine when I went to bed at 1, and kid told me it was out when she woke up at 6:30 and couldn't turn on the TV to watch cartoons. The power came back around 7am; the eggs are just about back up to temp now (it's 11am).

Wah.
sad.png
The last batch died from a temp spike, so I bought a wafer thermostat from GQF. I can only hope desperately that a long slow cool and a long slow re-warm is gentle enough at this stage that they can survive.

Any hope?

I'd say, with my very limited experience, that you stand a pretty good chance of a normal hatch. May have slowed it down a bit, but I'd rather deal with low temps than a surge and a rise in temps! The eggs in the bator take time to cool internally, so maybe they held their temps pretty well. Hens get off the nest all the time during a hatch, and the chicks make it, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.
fl.gif
Let us know!!

Back
Top Bottom