Power outage

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
Hello thanks for taking time to read this so today there was a power outage and I'm incubating some eggs now the eggs had no warmth for about 2 hours just remaining heat from them they were fairly warm still now we had to turn off the power plant still no light and I was wondering do they still have a chance? I have hope for them but I'm just looking for a experienced opinion

How far along are the eggs? Do you know how long the power will be out?

Wrap the incubator in blankets to try and keep it warm. I've heard of people using hot water and candles to add a little extra warmth around the incubator, too.

How far along are the eggs? Do you know how long the power will be out?

Wrap the incubator in blankets to try and keep it warm. I've heard of people using hot water and candles to add a little extra warmth around the incubator, too.
The eggs are about 2 weeks in they're soon to hatch the power just got back on but will they survive? I'm dure the power was off for about 3-4 hours

The eggs are about 2 weeks in they're soon to hatch the power just got back on but will they survive? I'm dure the power was off for about 3-4 hours
There have been people who have had their broodies locked off the nest for 6+ hours and still hatch. While the exterior may cool off, it takes the interior of the egg a few hours to reach the outside temp. I would candle the eggs in a day or two and see if you can spot movement.

There have been people who have had their broodies locked off the nest for 6+ hours and still hatch. While the exterior may cool off, it takes the interior of the egg a few hours to reach the outside temp. I would candle the eggs in a day or two and see if you can spot movement.
Oh thank you so much I'll have to check up on them

Back
Top Bottom