Power Outage

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dncarr09, Apr 9, 2012.

1. dncarr09

dncarr09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    Lenoir City Tennessee
    Ok, this morning I must have bumped the power cord to the incubator. The power was out for about 8 hours and the temp was down into the 70's. I am on day 15 of my hatch. Is all lost? These were Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons so I am pretty upset that I did this because these were eggs I ordered off line. Has this happened to any of you guys so late in the game? Is there still a chance?

2. Hazelrah

Hazelrah Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    Oregon
    Power outages are the pits!! You could candle in a day or two and see if you see movement but regardless of what you see I would leave them in the incubator till hatch day + 1 or 2 before giving up. I had two power outages on my first and only hatch. The first one was day 7 for approx 4 hours and the second one was day 18 for approx 6 hours. I was at work both times. I hatched 3 of 11 eggs, not stellar results, but they were shipped eggs along with the power outages. Hoping for a super hatch for you in spite of the power problems [​IMG]

3. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    I wouldnt give up. Theres still hope :)

4. dncarr09

dncarr09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    Lenoir City Tennessee
    I got the temp back up there are only 6 eggs in there. This is a small hatch. I am hopeful because I did a quick candle of 2 eggs right fast, I immediately saw movement in both eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by