Power went off for 2 hours last night, are my eggs still alive?

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Just set a batch of 37 eggs in my 1588 Genesis Hova-Bator yesterday morning. Last night the electricity went off for two hours. Didn't find out about it until this morning. Is there any chance the eggs could still live? Come to think of it, it was probably more around 3 hours as the incubator would of had to reheat it's self after being off for so long. Any thoughts on this would be great. Thanks

~ Aspen

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I've had that happen before and it might have delayed my hatch a tiny bit, but that's about it.

I agree. What you are looking at is air temperature. The eggs are a lot more dense and take a lot longer to change internal temperature. With your timing, they may not have even reached full incubationg temperature internally.

I don't see that you have any problem at all.

I agree. What you are looking at is air temperature. The eggs are a lot more dense and take a lot longer to change internal temperature. With your timing, they may not have even reached full incubationg temperature internally.
I don't see that you have any problem at all.

I have to agree....cva34

In my first hatching I lost power 2 times. First one for about 4 hours, second one for about 3 hours. The temperature spiked from 98 to 109 a few times. I was sure they where dead (e bay eggs....shipped across seas) so i just doing the turning just in case. Got 7 chickens out of 21 eggs. So, there is hope. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom