Power went out in the middle of Pipping!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrazyFowlFreak, Jun 1, 2010.

1. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG] We rushed them to the office, wrapped in a blanket. Heat got down to 85.5, DH got the heat back up and it's steady at 100.1 F. Humidity is 70%. I hope the move doesn't kill them. They are all from my Silkies. Has anyone had this happen before and the chicks hatched? I am flipping out here. [​IMG]

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:It happened to me too! Of the four batches of eggs I have set, I have had a power-outtage for EVERY SINGLE ONE! (ya think someone's trying to tell me something?!).
    This was the longest outtage at 8 hours long. UGH! Here's the thread. [SPOILER ALERT: there was a happy ending!]
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=323669

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I've had eggs at 65 degrees for hours before and they still did fine once I got them plugged back in. The hatch rate may be a little lower, but you should still get some chickies.

4. CrazyFowlFreak

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    There are 9 eggs in there and 5-6 are pipped. I hear cheeping, so cross your fingers, please.

5. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    my broody kicked the egg who are pipping out from under her and my house is 74*.So far the 3 all hatched out just fine, I jut made sure to be standing close by and scooped them up and into the warmer.

7. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
  8. CrazyFowlFreak

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Three out so far- a beautiful Splash Silkie and two Barred OEGB crossed with a White Silkie roo. I cannot wait to see what they turn out like! All of the others are pipped. [​IMG]
    DH will be the one to hatch eggs from now on. [​IMG] This is the highest hatch rate I ever had, and he was in charge this time. I was completely hands off to see what would happen. [​IMG]

9. chichi56788

chichi56788 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    Upload pics! I want to see!

10. CrazyFowlFreak

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Quote:I would love to, but we're at the office with them and my camera is home. I told DH that I'm not leaving until they all hatch. I may be here awhile and the air conditioner is broken! Argh! I am literally dripping sweat, but I am holding out, darn it! I will get pics once I get them home and safe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by