1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Power went out

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lilmidtown, Mar 12, 2017.

1. lilmidtown

lilmidtown Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2017
    Old Chatham,ny
    Incubator was at 75 when i woke up I hope the eggs are ok this is my second try 3 eggs were due for lockdown today the other 15 due in a week I'm so devastated ill still try I want to have just 1 hatch so badly in thinking of giving up

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    I've had power outages for 8 hours and still had good hatch rates (though admittedly not during lockdown) - hope things will work out.

3. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Another BYCer had their incubator drop into the 50s overnight and still had a great hatch of ducklings they has in lockdown. Don't fret it yet! :fl for a good hatch!

4. lilmidtown

Feb 4, 2017
    Old Chatham,ny
    Thanks for the good wishes I hope my tech rate is good

5. mabhera

mabhera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    I was without power for 14 hours> Had a few eggs in lockdown and still they hatched. Im still waiting to see the eggs that had only 3 days inside the incubator. I read that the closer they are to lockdown the safer they are because they generate body heat. So I think yours are going to be ok. Good luck.

6. lilmidtown

Feb 4, 2017
    Old Chatham,ny
    I candled them seems be movement in all of them that's a good sign I don't know how long it would take to effect them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by