PQ Call duck breeders in VA

PoultryGirly

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Hi. I've been looking for call duck breeders near me in VA because I've been wanting to add a few more calls to my flock of 3. It doesn't really matter what quality they are (PQ or SQ). If anyone breeds call ducks in VA or is selling call ducklings, I'm greatly interested! Thanks!

Where are you in VA? I'm about to hatch some call ducks and might have too many (don't count on it). Also, I have an incubator and I could hatch your ducks eggs for you.

I'm about 75 miles from Washington D.C.
(2 hours from you)

ETA: If my call duck was laying, I would send my eggs to you, but she has never layed an egg since she has been here. I got her about 2 summers ago at a poultry auction with her mate, so I don't know their age.

Last edited:
I'm about 75 miles from Washington D.C.
(2 hours from you)

ETA: If my call duck was laying, I would send my eggs to you, but she has never layed an egg since she has been here. I got her about 2 summers ago at a poultry auction with her mate, so I don't know their age.
If you're willing to drive, I'll let you know if I have extras. They are nice quality (short bills, round head) and I'm pretty sure they have the crested gene. (I could care less about cresteds, but I think they're kinda cool) I don't have any adults, these are my first calls and I bought them off eBay.

Yes they're on day 18 and 8 are developing. I'm only looking to keep around four. I hope they all hatch!!! Don't get your hopes up though because I'll only give you some if 5 or more hatch. I'm not trying to be mean but I don't know how many will hatch. I may want to keep them for a while to pick out which ones I like best.

Yes, I surely understand. I've been wanting to try to hatch some in my 'bator, but I've heard that they are hard to hatch. Who did you buy yours off of on eBay?

Back
Top Bottom