PQ's Self Blues. Has anyone ever heard of this breed or is it fake?

self blue is what the color is called and if you where to show them they would be self blue (as per the standard of perfection)....now this color is also refered to as lavender so if someone says they have lavender oegb that just means that they have self blue oegb

There are two different possible blue genetic combinations. They are completely different genetically, and appear different too.

Self-blue - also called lavender (LAV gene)

Andalusian blue - genetically has to do with black, blue and splash coloration (B - Bl genes)

One more bit of info: while we see COLOR, the color becomes a VARIETY, when it is a "breed-color". The language of Poultry will gradually unfold--we can enjoy it as we are learning. (I am still a kindergardener when it comes to "computer language" I am still learning, and I am slow!

The Self Blue name is a US one. In other countries it is called Lavender (for the lavlav genes that display the "color") and called Pearl Grey in Holland. I love the Variety in any breed of Bantams! ENJOY them.

she really didnt ask for a gentics lesson but if self blue is what the color was really called...i'm sure she will appriate the info but lets try not to get off track here. i even do it sometimes without noticing that i am

One more bit of info: while we see COLOR, the color becomes a VARIETY, when it is a "breed-color". The language of Poultry will gradually unfold--we can enjoy it as we are learning. (I am still a kindergardener when it comes to "computer language" I am still learning, and I am slow!

The Self Blue name is a US one. In other countries it is called Lavender (for the lavlav genes that display the "color") and called Pearl Grey in Holland. I love the Variety in any breed of Bantams! ENJOY them.
JeanR,
So that you know --
All Lavender Fowl are Self Blue BUT not all Self Blue Fowl carry the Lavender Gene.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom