1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Praise the Lord...RAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Southern28Chick, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    It's rainin!!!!! Well, stormin. With these storms comes a "cold front" meaning instead of 104 degree weather it'll be in the 90s. [​IMG]

The chickens didn't know what to do, run in the house or play in the rain. Once the fat rain started falling they went in. Except Colonel Bok Bok. He LOVES rain.

Yippy!!!!

2. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    [​IMG]

It was rainy the past few days here, but all it did was increase the humidity to like 90%. :thun

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm ok with humidity...it's all I've ever known. It's been soooo hot with no rain for so long that my yard looks like fall. The weeds are even dying.

4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Know just how ya feel! We went from Christmas to sometime back in May or June with only one tiny shower. We're makin' up for it now though!

5. CtlisencedArborist

CtlisencedArborist Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Eastford,Ct
    Been pouring here all day,my babys love to play in it also.[​IMG]

6. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Rained here all day too and the best part was the temperature dropped at least 30 degrees. It was beautiful, first time I wasn't sweating my head off in days.

7. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    You are SO lucky!
    It's not supposed to rain for a few more weeks over here in this "Excessive Heat Warning ".
    IT IS SO HOT!!!!!!! I can't bear it any longer![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by