1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pray for my eggs!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jazzchicken, Nov 22, 2007.

1. jazzchicken

jazzchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2007
    Georgia
    I am away from home for Thanksgiving, and I am at my grandparents house. We just got done eating. I made my dad an hour late because the incubator temps went haywire. I was adjusting them and making sure they were right for 1 hour!! I have a feeling that something is bound to go wrong. I am staying with my grandparents until Sunday and my mom will be home to turn the eggs. I hope that they don't cook.[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Silkie_boi

Silkie_boi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2007
    wish you the best of luck and hopefully everything will be fine.

3. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Good luck my friend! I hate having incubator troubles and even more when you have to leave it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

4. jazzchicken

Nov 17, 2007
    Georgia
    Yeah I hate it!!
    I told my dad that I didn't want to leave the bator alone. He told me that there was going to be all the delicious food at the dinner and I told him that the eggs were more important. [​IMG] I wasn't defying my dad like alot of the kids you see, but I really am concerned about the eggs.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You're just being a responsible chicken-daddy, jazz! I'd hate to leave mine in the bator, too, so I completely understand. Try to enjoy yourself and I'm sure your mom will look after them just fine. Write her a note in BIG LETTERS and put it on the fridge reminding her to turn those eggs!

6. jazzchicken

Nov 17, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks for the comforting words Speckled. I think I just gained 10-15 pounds from eating all that pumpkin pie [​IMG]
    Why is my family such good cooks?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by