1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pray That This Wasn't Connected To The Missing Five Year Old

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by deb1, Nov 16, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    My family and I were driving back home from Sanford, NC on 87. We noticed a camera crew was out filming some men in yellow vests. Yellow tape had been tied around one part of the road. Up and down the road, were other men in yellow vests obviously looking for something in the trees. On the back of the vests it read Dunn Search and Rescue. Please pray that they haven't fond that little girls' body or if they have found her, that she is alive.

There was an ambulence also parked on the side of the road.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

3. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I am hoping that the team was searching there because of a positive lead to find the young girl alive, not because of any idea that she might be dead. They weren't going deep into the trees, but I don't know how long the search had been going on.

So many missing children end up dead that I am afraid that my mind immediately went to negative conclusions. The search might just mean that they have a good lead to her whereabouts.

I said a prayer for her as we passed.

4. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] This is such a horrible story. I really hope it has a happy(ier) ending. [​IMG]

5. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw that on the news this morning. Same scene you decribed.

She is such a beautiful child, I can not understand how anyone could harm any child. Hopefully they will find her alive. Everyone pray for her safe return.

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I thought they had found the 5 year old in a landfill? Or was that the one where the teenager wound up committing the murder?

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:that was a different one..

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Can someone give me a link so I can read the specific story ya'll are talking about? I never turn on the news anymore...it's too depressing.

9. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    Well Just now on the noon news it said they were charging THE MOM with traficking a minor for prostition and I think felony child abuse due to prostition, and filing a false police report..Also said they were resuming search for ~the body~. I don't understand why they don;t know where she is when they had already arrested 2 men and charged them last week.Also don't get WHY they have surveilience video of one of the men walking into a hotel WITH HER IN HIS ARMS!!!WHy can't they find her???

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I know! I cant even imagine what this poor child went through. It literally makes my stomach feel sick just thinking about that..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by