prayer request for my kid *update* last post (picture)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by annie3001, Apr 10, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    my beautiful daughter was bit in the face by the inlaws dog today. got back hours ago, from the er after she received stiches. i was a basketcase. i am home now, laying next to her. shes scared really bad. i pray that she will heal.
    she is napping, after a long day this morning. life sometimes just sucks.
    it hasnt been a great week and now this.
    i am thankful that she is okay, as best as she can be.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Annie, prayers sent. I know exactly how you are feeling right now. The same thing happened to my daughter when she was in her teens. A Rhodesian ridgeback ripped her face open and gashed her chest. I felt absolute panic- all night long I kept going into her bedroom with a flashlight looking for "infection." ALL WENT WELL! My medical coverage from work covered 3 trips to the plastic surgeon, and today you can not tell that her face was so severely damaged. Hoping that the damage to your daughter's face was minimal and that the recovery and repair if necessary are uneventful. Sourland George

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Did the plastic surgeon mention that there is a salve or lotion that can be used to reduce scaring?

Prayers headed your way.

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:oh my george, thank you for understanding. (tears) my daughter is only 3 yrs old, so they think she should heal okay. its such a tragic incident. my daughter meant no harm to the dog, didnt tease the dog or anything. i think there was always something about their dog. its a highstrung bordercollie rescued just last year.
    i dont know if the inlaws are keeping the dog after this. my husband had to go to the pharmacy to get meds for my girl. then over to the police department to file a report. its the law here in ct.

i want to nap next to her, but i keep waking up and looking at her face, rubbing her forehead, with tears, that atleast she is alive. [​IMG]:hit:hit

its like a nightmare. meanwhile my 5 yearold son is playing games in the other room. he is saddned as well. they are so close. [​IMG]
    i think i need medicine just to fall asleep myself.
    [​IMG]
    i hope the sun is shining tommorrow. as i dont want to talk on the phone anymore, and i dont want anymore visitors, i know people mean well. its just exhasting.

andrea-

5. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Love and hugs to you.

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Prayers for your girl.

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    My deepest sympathies, to all of you. Glad you got her the help right away and filed the report.

The best advice my mom ever gave me, for scarring after I was bitten? A cocoa butter stick! It really does help the scars go away. Takes time, but it really works! I had to really search the pharmacies to find it, but I always have some in the cabinet now.

Here's to easy and fast healing for the little girl and your heart!

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG] and prayers for you too mom.
    I hope this won't keep her from forming bonds with dogs in the future. Some of my best friends have been my dogs.
    But these things leave deeper scars than skin.
    So sorry that this happened.

9. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I am so sorry that happened to your baby. I pray that she will heal well and I pray that God meets the needs of your entire family. [​IMG]

Our God works miracles! [​IMG]

10. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Aww Poor baby girl! [​IMG] I will keep her in my prayers for a speedy healing and I will also pray she will not develop an unnatural fear of dogs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by