Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HomesteaderWife, Jul 14, 2016.

1. HomesteaderWife

HomesteaderWife Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Alabama
    I did something like this over in Backyard Herds, but I've had a nudge to open one here. I have not been as active here on BYC until lately, but I want to be. When I opened a similar thread in BYH, I posted that I had been praying for God's guidance in showing me where I should be at work. It stayed on my mind repeatedly that I needed to be involved in prayer requests.

I was drawn to doing this because there are many of us who ask for prayer, but I wondered in my mind who earnestly prayed for the person they said they would. I've had people come back and ask, "Oh how is ___?" But did they truly lift it up to God? I have never had someone tell me that they actually said a prayer, or to offer words from Scripture.

I want to change this. What I would like to do is open communication for prayer requests- offering true prayer for you, and also providing back scriptural resources. This means I will actually say a prayer for you! I want people to feel confident that someone took the time to really say a prayer over them and their loved ones.

Please feel free to post here, or to message me privately if the situation may be delicate. I will not share your requests with anyone else except for the Lord. Please make sure to pray on your own as well- giving your burdens to God is trusting Him!

Keep in mind that God sometimes leaves unanswered prayers, because His will may be different. It may take time for the answers, or He may have something else planned. Remaining faithful in the face of adversity is a challenge, but remember...if we never faced rough times, we would not know how to be thankful for the good times.

Thank you for your time, and I hope that this can come to help at least one person here. May God bless you by His will!

-HomesteaderWife

[​IMG]

2. LRH97

LRH97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Southern Illinois
    I think it is absolutely wonderful for you to start this thread. I think, tonight, we need to especially remember our brothers and sisters in France in our prayers who have again been victims of mass murder. Of course direct Scripture is always comforting, but for me, hymns drawn from Scripture speak volumes. One of my favorites:

"The Word they still shall let remain
    Nor any thanks have for it;
    He's by our side upon the plain
    With His good gifts and Spirit.
    And take they our life,
    Goods, fame, child, and wife,
    Though these all be gone,
    Our vict'ry has been won;
    The Kingdom ours remaineth."

-"A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" vs. 4
    Continue to be a light in a world of darkness. The Lord bless and keep you.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by