prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

cherrynberry

🍒❤️🐓🐐🐕
Premium Feather Member
Aug 2, 2020
California
You, Cherry? Hard to imagine! You come across as very confident and comfortable around people of all ages!
Yes. I actually started off as an extrovert. Was bullied this one year in elementary school and slowly became an "introvert". To be honest, the bullying never affected me, it was just this bad impression I had moving from place to place and ALWAYS having to be that "new" kid. It has been a hard journey for sure. I have a really bad impression of performing on stage, so I became afraid. I am definitely starting to open up though! That is the main reason I wanted to join 4H. To be able to talk to people easier and not be afraid.

BYC has been an amazing platform for me to be able to meet so many nice people including you!

cherrynberry

🍒❤️🐓🐐🐕
Premium Feather Member
Aug 2, 2020
California
You, Cherry? Hard to imagine! You come across as very confident and comfortable around people of all ages!
But yes, I have always been really good around teachers. Not really a teacher's pet, more like a teacher's friend. I LOVED to talk to teachers. Kids in my classes were boring and really had nothing better to do. This was probably just the students in my classes. It is much easier for me to talk to adults or to little children. Somehow, I don't really talk much with kids my age.

But yes! I would be that one kid that stuck around after class to talk to the english teacher about books and book recommendations. I also liked to help grade work in my after-school. That is one thing I miss from being homeschooled!

BigBlueHen53

Love one another ❤️
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
I had stage fright when I was younger. Then I was asked to give my personal testimony in church, of how I came to be a Christian. I was scared but I agreed to do it. On the day of, I started out by saying something really stupid in my intro and everybody laughed, including me. That relaxed me so I was breathing and I realized, hey, you may be nervous but you don't die! Since then I've been fine with public speaking and actually enjoy it.

What I said was, "you'll have to bear with me, I'm a little nervous. I've never shared my story all in one sitting." Then I looked out over the congregation and heard this come out of my mouth: "Actually, you all are sitting. I'm standing." Everybody cracked up. I felt like a fool for a minute but then I thought, Well, it can't get any worse than that, so I'll just carry on! :lau

cherrynberry

🍒❤️🐓🐐🐕
Premium Feather Member
Aug 2, 2020
California
I had stage fright when I was younger. Then I was asked to give my personal testimony in church, of how I came to be a Christian. I was scared but I agreed to do it. On the day of, I started out by saying something really stupid in my intro and everybody laughed, including me. That relaxed me so I was breathing and I realized, hey, you may be nervous but you don't die! Since then I've been fine with public speaking and actually enjoy it.

What I said was, "you'll have to bear with me, I'm a little nervous. I've never shared my story all in one sitting." Then I looked out over the congregation and heard this come out of my mouth: "Actually, you all are sitting. I'm standing." Everybody cracked up. I felt like a fool for a minute but then I thought, Well, it can't get any worse than that, so I'll just carry on! :lau
I am also planning on doing a performance of some sort for my church's Christmas show.

Feb 14, 2021
Arkansas
Hello everybody! I have not been as active on this thread as I had been.

As some of you may know, I had a pretty nasty encounter with my counselor for school and ended up having to deal with several overdues and uncompleted assignments. It has been a stressful experience, which is definitely new to me. I have not been prioritizing my time spent in the Word, which is a large problem on its own. It used to be a time for me to enjoy His word and there is nothing like it. Anyhow, I want to post this so that this post and anyone who reads it can keep me accountable. Iron sharpens iron, after all.
I'll be praying!

I've been slowly reading through 1 John. Slowly. I realized I don't have to go fast long as I'm in the Word. Hope you can slowly get back into His Word too. 🙂

Even though I am a save Christian, there are times when I feel like a lost sheep myself. This is definitely one of those times. I would love to know that people are praying for me, because I feel like the enemy is trying to distract me and I do not want to be distracted. Thank you all.
I relate to feeling like a lost sheep. I'll be praying for you! ❤️

Top Bottom