prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Been awhile since I've visited this thread. I have a prayer request. For reasons I will not state here, my family is not living together anymore. It's ok, and sometime I'm sure we'll be back together, but not any time too soon. I know that the holiday season is about thinking about Jesus's birth, but it's also kind of hard not having them here, and the traditions are different. I don't know, if you guys could just pray for peace for my family and I? Thank you!

Also, something else entirely, is it ok for an atheist teacher to very strongly say that Christianity is stupid?

Been awhile since I've visited this thread. I have a prayer request. For reasons I will not state here, my family is not living together anymore. It's ok, and sometime I'm sure we'll be back together, but not any time too soon. I know that the holiday season is about thinking about Jesus's birth, but it's also kind of hard not having them here, and the traditions are different. I don't know, if you guys could just pray for peace for my family and I? Thank you!

Also, something else entirely, is it ok for an atheist teacher to very strongly say that Christianity is stupid?
Praying for you and your family. And of course it's not ok for a teacher to say that. They need to keep their opinions to themselves. Teachers can be reported you know

Oh, Lemon-Drop, sorry to hear this is happening, and especially at this time of year which should be a time of celebration. :hugs We will hope that things do get better soon. Meanwhile, you can know that Jesus came to comfort the broken-hearted so you can certainly lean on Him. He came to comfort YOU.

Sigh, as for the teacher .. in America, the First Amendment grants freedom of religion and freedom of speech. So under the Constitution your teacher has the right to say anything he or she wants to say. And everybody has the right to believe or not believe or practice any religion they choose. But there can be consequences. So for example if someone yells "fire!" in a crowded theater and people get injured because there is a stampede, that person can be held criminally liable for damages.

Your feelings may be hurt by what your teacher said, but you probably won't win damages if you take them to court. They have the right to express their opinion. Perhaps they were trying to see how the students would respond, and trying to get a discussion going. Nowhere is it written that you have to agree with the teacher. If you believe differently, defend your beliefs. Disagreement can be fun. And also a learning experience. You don't have to get hurt or mad if you disagree. Just explain why you think differently. In a calm, civilized, respectful way.

Praying for you and your family. And of course it's not ok for a teacher to say that. They need to keep their opinions to themselves. Teachers can be reported you know

Oh, Lemon-Drop, sorry to hear this is happening, and especially at this time of year which should be a time of celebration. :hugs We will hope that things do get better soon. Meanwhile, you can know that Jesus came to comfort the broken-hearted so you can certainly lean on Him. He came to comfort YOU.

Sigh, as for the teacher .. in America, the First Amendment grants freedom of religion and freedom of speech. So under the Constitution your teacher has the right to say anything he or she wants to say. And everybody has the right to believe or not believe or practice any religion they choose. But there can be consequences. So for example if someone yells "fire!" in a crowded theater and people get injured because there is a stampede, that person can be held criminally liable for damages.

Your feelings may be hurt by what your teacher said, but you probably won't win damages if you take them to court. They have the right to express their opinion. Perhaps they were trying to see how the students would respond, and trying to get a discussion going. Nowhere is it written that you have to agree with the teacher. If you believe differently, defend your beliefs. Disagreement can be fun. And also a learning experience. You don't have to get hurt or mad if you disagree. Just explain why you think differently. In a calm, civilized, respectful way.
Thank you!

Praying

Praying

Back
Top Bottom