prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Jesusfreak101, Sep 28, 2016.

1. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE

2. TroyerGal

TroyerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

VERY true! Thank you SO much for summing this up! [​IMG]

3. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish

:hugs yay you're here

4. Flock Master64

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish

5. chickluvinfreak

chickluvinfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah :hugs

6. Flock Master64

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish

:D

7. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Living in a galaxy far, far away...

Praying is talking to God. He hears us wherever we are, whatever we're doing. You can pray with your eyes open, too, keeping them closed just helps to keep out distractions [​IMG]

8. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Living in a galaxy far, far away...

First of all, that was a very creative analogy! [​IMG]

Second, I (personally) am not a fan of rock, or even pop. My church is very conservative, and I grew up singing "old fashioned" songs, so even if she wasn't uncomfortable at a concert like that, I know I would be [​IMG] When a person is saved, he/she becomes "a new ceature," and when they see that people can be saved, but still enjoy the things of the world, then they might just pray the prayer so they can "be saved"; only God knows their true heart. Yes, I know that all it takes to get to heaven is beliving that Jesus died and rose agin for your sins, but the biggest impact is made when they see how changed a person becomes when Jesus comes into their heart. Believe me, I know you can have fun at church (my youth pastor eats live goldfish on occasion [​IMG]) and this friday we're doing our anual "shoppers in diguise," which is a lot of fun, but "old things are passed away, behold, all things are become new!" Romans 8:...8 I think says "The carnal mind is emnity against God (KJV)" A wordly mindset tries to find a way to combine their love of God and the world, but it's really like trying to mix oil and water - you can't! God is holy, righteous, just, pure, and good. He loves us all, but he can't let any bad thing go unpunished. The passage pastor preached on this morning was talking about a lady in the church of Sardis, who taught that "because we are under God's grace, we can sin as much as we want!" God said that he would lay her in the bed of death (hell) and that he would kill all of the people who followed her. Yeah, he's the Lamb of God, and the Lion of Judah. And BTW, Romans 6:1-2 completely de-bunks "living under grace." It's an awesome passage.
    I don't wish to offend anyone here at all; just stating what I have been taught. I don't believe that people who listen to that kind of music are horrible, wicked sinners; if they're saved, they're going to heaven, but if they aren't...
    I wish that I could bring Tor to church with me, but she lives in a different state ([​IMG]). Maybe if she and Granny got along better, they could go to church together... she's got respect issues, too [​IMG] I love her like crazy, but Mom and Dad wouldn't like it if I got her number; I start acting too much like her when I hang out with her ( i.e., talking so much like her, her mom can't tell us apart over the phone)

9. ocap

ocap Overrun With Chickens

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    Matthew 6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.
    2 “So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
    5 “When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
    7 “And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. 8 So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  10. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    One time, we were at my MIL's for a meal, and she asked my husband to pray a blessing on the food before we ate. He is soft spoken. So, when he was done praying, my MIL looked at him and said, "I couldn't hear you." He responded, "I wasn't talking to you." She never forgot that, and still mentions it occasionally!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by