prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Thank you for this! Literally having a panic attack right now and this settled my heart a bit.
You're welcome, Doc. I was following it a bit, too, but out of curiosity, not anxiety. No matter who wins the Whit House, all that truly matters is Who rules the throne of our hearts, and the throne in heaven! He neither slumbers nor sleeps. Any ruler, in any country, ultimately snswers to Him. As Jesus said to Pilate, "

John 19:11 KJV
Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: ...

No ruler on this earth holds office except as it is given him "from above." Whether despot or diplomat, they can only serve as far as it is given to them by the will of the Father. They think they have the power to start wars and make peace, but it is not in them. It is all subject to God's will. Angels, we are told, are holding back the winds of strife until judgment is complete and His people are marked with His seal, (Rev. 7:1-3) and then God will come to claim His own .

Revelation 22:12 KJV
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

So, as we are told in
Philippians 4:6-7 KJV
Be careful for nothing; (some translations say don't be anxious about anything) but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. [7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

What a promise! What a God! 😊

A couple of Scriptures to consider today, as we (Americans) await the results of our Presidential election:

1 Peter 2:17 KJV
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Romans 13:1-2 KJV

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
[2] Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Whoever is ultimately elected, we all do well to unite in obedience for the healing of our nation. A house divided against itself cannot stand, Jesus said. This election is so close that it is obvious that nearly 50% of the populace is going to be unhappy with the final outcome. But we must stop tearing ourselves and our country apart. As Christians we need to set the example and the tone. Jesus said to love one another as He loves us. What does that mean? The sun shines and rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. His love is unconditional. Let us love one another without bitterness or rancor.

A third of our country is on fire. Another third has suffered devastating floods and hurricanes, one after another. The entire country is staggering under a pandemic worse than anywhere else in the world. How can anyone think God is not trying to wake us and shake us and get our attention? It is time to change our course, to repent, to come to the Lord. God said He would not destroy Sodom for the sake of ten righteous people. We need to be those righteous people for the saving of America. Come together in prayer, in repentance, in obedience, in humility, for the healing of our nation. May God give us strength, and have mercy on us.

Dear Father,

My soul and heart are heavy and fearful. Please protect my job and my finances. Please help me to find a way out of the darkness. I need You and Your everlasting peace to help me. My soul is weary.

Amen.
How are you doing, @DaisyG2317 ? Hope all is well wigh you! ❤

Back
Top Bottom