prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Hey, everyone, if you'd be willing, could you please pray for our bull calf, Alvin, and cow, Curly? Alvin has the flu and he is not doing well. Curly just had a dead calf the other night, and is not feeling well. Thank you!
I'm sorry, @Dottie the Chicken I didn't see this last night. Very sorry for your loss and worry. For you I am claiming the wisdom of
Colossians 4:2 KJV
Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving and
Romans 8:28 KJV
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
We know that God is good although this world is full of sorrow. My prayer for you is that you will see His hand working in your life, even through these apparantly unfortunate experiences, sooner rather than later, and that your sorrow may be turned to joy so that you may glorify Him. Amen.

I know the book of Revelation isn’t all in chronological order nor have I studied it recently or too in depth, but if Chapter 19 & 20 are in chronological order then the beast & false prophet were in the lake of fire for 1,000 years (if in fact 1,000 years are literal years.)

Revelation 19:20 KJV
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:3 KJV
And cast him [Satan] into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:10 KJV
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Well, some of these are new thoughts to me! I will have to prayerfully consider and study them. There are some points here where we agree, though.

I believe the 1,000 years to be literal. As we saw in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, all the righteous leave the planet when Jesus comes. The righteous dead are resurrected from their graves at the sound of His voice and the mighty trumpet. The righteous who are living at that time are caught up together with them. Both groups receive new bodies, immortal and incorruptible, according to 1 Cor. 15:51-55.

The unsaved have a different experience. Those who are living cry out for the rocks to fall on them as they flee from the wrath of the Lamb. His glory is to them a consuming fire. Heb. 12:29. But:
Revelation 20:5 KJV
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (First part)

The unsaved dead, in other words, miss the whole thing!

The righteous go to heaven with Jesus, where
Revelation 20:6 KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So who's left on this planet? NO HUMAN. Only Satan and his fallen angels. There are only the wicked dead. Nobody here for him to tempt. He is "bound" for 1,000 years on this burnt-out sphere with nothing but his thoughts. You could say he is bound by "chains" of circumstances. Why do I say the earth will be burnt out?

Read 2 Peter 3:10, the famous "thief in the night" verse.

2 Peter 3:10 KJV
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The time of Jesus' coming is secret, but when He comes, nobody is going to miss it. Nobody is going to hear about it on the evening news. "Every eye" will see Him (Rev. 1:10.) Every person alive will be profoundly impacted by it.

I don't know if this planet will be on fire during that time, or if it will be a black hole (bottomless pit) but I know where I want to be, and it's not here! I want to be with Jesus. Now is the time to make that decision. Time for this old planet is running very short. Anyone reading this, if you have not made Jesus your Savior yet, now is the time. He will accept you. All you have to do is ask, and you can have peace in your heart today and be a part of His glorious kingdom forever as well! If you don't know how, just ask! ❤

Well, some of these are new thoughts to me! I will have to prayerfully consider and study them. There are some points here where we agree, though.

I believe the 1,000 years to be literal. As we saw in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, all the righteous leave the planet when Jesus comes. The righteous dead are resurrected from their graves at the sound of His voice and the mighty trumpet. The righteous who are living at that time are caught up together with them. Both groups receive new bodies, immortal and incorruptible, according to 1 Cor. 15:51-55.

The unsaved have a different experience. Those who are living cry out for the rocks to fall on them as they flee from the wrath of the Lamb. His glory is to them a consuming fire. Heb. 12:29. But:
Revelation 20:5 KJV
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (First part)

The unsaved dead, in other words, miss the whole thing!

The righteous go to heaven with Jesus, where
Revelation 20:6 KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So who's left on this planet? NO HUMAN. Only Satan and his fallen angels. There are only the wicked dead. Nobody here for him to tempt. He is "bound" for 1,000 years on this burnt-out sphere with nothing but his thoughts. You could say he is bound by "chains" of circumstances. Why do I say the earth will be burnt out?

Read 2 Peter 3:10, the famous "thief in the night" verse.

2 Peter 3:10 KJV
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The time of Jesus' coming is secret, but when He comes, nobody is going to miss it. Nobody is going to hear about it on the evening news. "Every eye" will see Him (Rev. 1:10.) Every person alive will be profoundly impacted by it.

I don't know if this planet will be on fire during that time, or if it will be a black hole (bottomless pit) but I know where I want to be, and it's not here! I want to be with Jesus. Now is the time to make that decision. Time for this old planet is running very short. Anyone reading this, if you have not made Jesus your Savior yet, now is the time. He will accept you. All you have to do is ask, and you can have peace in your heart today and be a part of His glorious kingdom forever as well! If you don't know how, just ask! ❤

I haven’t replied because I’m trying to look for some verses and making sure I don’t take em out of context but for now I’ll just ask questions and come up with verses later.

I don’t understand how during the 1,000 year reign the people would be in heaven since when Satan is set free he gets an enumerable amount of people to go against the camp of the saints and then God sends fire from heaven to destroy them.

Why would the saints go to heaven and come down to earth just to be surrounded?

I guess I always imagined the earth burning like the Lion King scene where pride rock is burning but then rain comes and washes it away and it’s green and lively again. (Disney is not my favorite but I grew up with it so it’s easier to explain how I see things 😂)

So I figured the earth would burn and then get washed away and lively again so the saints could live there comfortably for 1,000 years.

In Zechariah 14 it talks about how the people left of the nations that came against Jerusalem would come and worship the King, Lord of Hosts (I would presume Jesus) and celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles year after year. And whatever nation that doesn’t won’t receive rain.

That can’t be after Satan gets thrown in the lake of fire. I would assume that’s during the 1,000 years. And it would have to be on earth.

I’ll post verses later 😊

Well, remember this scripture here?

Again, great questions!

Remember where we said Satan is bound for 1,000 years on this planet with no one to tempt because all the saved went to heaven with Jesus and all the wicked are dead? According to this verse, the wicked WILL be resurrected, but not until the end of the millennium (see below).

When the wicked, or unsaved that are living when Jesus comes get burned up, this is not their final destruction. Remember, the wicked that are already dead in their graves sleep through the whole thing. See 1 Thess. 4:13-18. At this point, Jesus is just putting all the wicked to sleep for 1,000 years. The saved go to heaven with Him during that period. They have a work to do. It is a work of investigative judgment:

Revelation 20:4 KJV
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

What is this judgment?

1 Corinthians 6:2-3 KJV
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? [3] Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

The saved have the opportunity during this time to pull back the veil and see behind the scenes, so to speak. God is all about truth and transparency. He wants to be sure there are no lingering doubts in anyone's mind that He is fair, just, merciful and loving. If your loved one is not there, you will get to find out why. You will know that God spared no effort to save him or her. Only when God has been fully vindicated will it be time for the executive phase of judgment to take place.

Meanwhile, nobody lives on the earth during the 1,000 years except Satan and possibly his evil angels. Let's see what happens at the end of the 1,000 years.

Revelation 20:1-3 KJV
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. [2] And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, [3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Satan is "bound" to this earth, which may be like a black hole during this period ("bottomless pit"), by "chains" of circumstances beyond his control. With the saved in heaven beyond his reach and the wicked dead, he has no one to tempt. But at the end of the 1,000 years, when the wicked are resurrected, his circumstances change. He has all the unsaved of all the ages to tempt. This is when Jesus comes back to this earth with all the saints in the Holy City (Rev. 21:2*). Here's what happens next:

Revelation 20:7-9 KJV
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, [8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. [9] And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

So we see that, not only is Satan unrepentant, but so are the unsaved. There would be no point in extended mercy to them any further, or giving them a second chance. The millennium is not an opportunity for the wicked to repent. They had a lifetime of opportunities, just the same as the saved. They made their choice. The wicked are eternally destroyed at the end of the millennium. This is the second death, from which there is no resurrection. This death is final.

The fire goes out after devouring all the wicked, the evil angels, the beast, the false prophet, the antichrist, and Satan. I've referenced Malachi 4:1-3 before. The saved will tread upon the ashes of the wicked. And then God will make a new heavens and a new earth. He will re-create this world as He intended it to be in the beginning, when He called it "very good." Rev. 21 is very exciting but my favorite verse is this one:

Revelation 21:3 KJV
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Imagine! God is moving His headquarters HERE! The throne of His kingdom, the center of the universe, is going to be HERE on this Earth! You asked
Why would the saints go to heaven and come down to earth just to be surrounded?

Well, they went to heaven to open the books, because Satan got left here on this burnt-out planet both to consider his history and ponder his future; and God brought them back in order to finish what He started and to keep His promises, among which is: "the meek shall inherit the Earth."

This planet is our home. God made it for us. Satan stole it. Jesus bought it back with His blood, and He always intended to restore and return it to us. That's what redemption is. If you ever had to hock a valuable item for some quick cash, you know that your goal is to "redeem" it - to buy it back. That's what Jesus did. He redeemed us. He bought us back. And He is going to live here with us as a sign of His victory over sin and death for all eternity. That is the meaning of the Feast of Tabernacles. God will set up His tabernacle with us! How awesome is that!

* In Rev. 20, John just refers to this as "the camp of the saints," because he is focusing on the events that he is describing, which are very dramatic. But in Rev. 22, he gives more attention to detail and describes what he saw with a more artistic eye. Imagine if you were giving a police report. At first you would just describe what happened. Later you would give a police artist the visual details.

Back
Top Bottom