prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Yeah, but He doesn't always fix things, does He? I mean, not the way we want Him to. People die when we've asked for healing. Our pets die. People get divorced. Half our country is on fire and the other half is suffering devastating floods. What's up with that? Is He up there? Sleeping? Does He care?

Here's the deal. This world is not entirely under His jurisdiction. Our first parents chose to obey, not Him, but an enemy. They turned over their authority to Satan. So sin and suffering and death came to our planet. But God made a way of escape for each of us as individuals, and ultimately, at the end of time, He will claim this planet back again. But meanwhile, Satan is still primarily in charge. So babies die, sinful people shoot each other, and good people get cancer. Because Satan is doing everything he can to convince everybody that every evil thing that he does is really God's fault, so people will hate Him. If God overrode everything Satan does, Satan could accuse God of not playing fair. God gave Adam and Eve a choice, and He has to honor that choice. And basically that means God has to let us and the universe see what the world, and the universe, would look like if Satan was in charge. Satan wants to be God. Our planet is the example of what he would do to the universe if he could. He killed Jesus. He wants to kill us. But God is love. He wants to save us. And He will, if we let Him. He died to save us.

Jesus is coming back to get us. Satan knows this. So things are going to get worse before they get better. The fact that they are getting worse is actually a good thing, it tells us Satan is going nuts because his time is very short! Jesus is coming SOON!

Does this make any sense?
You explain things really well. I am sure I am not the only one to have noticed that...

Are you asking like why did your mother die, Kelsey?
I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have put that out there. But... but He promises that "ALL things work together for good to them that love God, to those who are called according to His promise." Not some things, a few things, many things or even most things. ALL things. Some how, in some way, some time, this is going to prove to be a blessing to you and/or to her. How do I know? Because God's word is sure. He cannot lie. Suppose, when she died, she was saved, but if she had lived, she would have turned away from the Lord and been lost for eternity? Or what if God laid her to rest when He did to spare her some grief that might have come upon her in the future had she lived? God's ways are beyond our understanding. What we do know, though, is that He is a God of infinite love. He is also a God of infinite wisdom. We can trust Him not to make a mistake. He will always do the loving thing for His children. "He is too wise to make a mistake, and too loving to do other than we ourselves would do, if we could see, as He does, the end of a matter from the beginning." E. G. White, one of my favorite authors, from a book on the life of Christ.

Are you asking like why did your mother die, Kelsey?
I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have put that out there. But... but He promises that "ALL things work together for good to them that love God, to those who are called according to His promise." Not some things, a few things, many things or even most things. ALL things. Some how, in some way, some time, this is going to prove to be a blessing to you and/or to her. How do I know? Because God's word is sure. He cannot lie. Suppose, when she died, she was saved, but if she had lived, she would have turned away from the Lord and been lost for eternity? Or what if God laid her to rest when He did to spare her some grief that might have come upon her in the future had she lived? God's ways are beyond our understanding. What we do know, though, is that He is a God of infinite love. He is also a God of infinite wisdom. We can trust Him not to make a mistake. He will always do the loving thing for His children. "He is too wise to make a mistake, and too loving to do other than we ourselves would do, if we could see, as He does, the end of a matter from the beginning." E. G. White, one of my favorite authors, from a book on the life of Christ.
Nah it’s okay I think I already mentioned publicly once or twice a bit ago anyway but I don’t know. I guess that and why He let my dad decide that and why He dragged it on and let us think there was a chance for a bit instead of just killing her right when it happened if that was His plan. I guess the latter was probably to let her family say goodbye and then to get here and stuff but still. Alert us go through all of that for nothing. I don’t see how any good could come from this but

Nah it’s okay I think I already mentioned publicly once or twice a bit ago anyway but I don’t know. I guess that and why He let my dad decide that and why He dragged it on and let us think there was a chance for a bit instead of just killing her right when it happened if that was His plan. I guess the latter was probably to let her family say goodbye and then to get here and stuff but still. Alert us go through all of that for nothing. I don’t see how any good could come from this but
:hugs I'm so sorry you're hurting! It's hard, I know! You may be right about your last couple of sentences, she lingered a bit so everyone could say goodbye. That was merciful of Him to allow that, don't you think? I wasn't able to be there for either of my parents or for my sister, either. So as hard as that was, you did have that blessing, and that time to prepare for her passing. But... God doesn't kill anybody, you know. Everybody dies in this sinful old world. Or I should say, at the end of our lives everybody sleeps, until the resurrection. If they were saved and we are faithful, trusting in Jesus, we WILL see them again. This is our hope. This is our comfort. See 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. We will get new bodies (yay!). See 1 Corinthians 15:50-55, I believe. Our earth will be made new and there will be no more pain, sickness, suffering, death or tears. (Revelation 21:8) Can't wait! ❤️❤️❤️

Lol, there you go again! Don't be sorry! He DIED for you! For all of us. Whatever you are asking for, He has already given EVERYTHING. So, how much more willing is He to give you whatever it is you are asking for? As long as it is something according to His will, of course He will provide it. I mean like, you are not asking Him to help you get away with robbing a bank, right? Because He won't say yes to that, obviously. But if you ask according to His will and you ask in obedience you can know that He will say yes. So ask away, and with confidence!

amen

:hugs I'm so sorry you're hurting! It's hard, I know! You may be right about your last couple of sentences, she lingered a bit so everyone could say goodbye. That was merciful of Him to allow that, don't you think? I wasn't able to be there for either of my parents or for my sister, either. So as hard as that was, you did have that blessing, and that time to prepare for her passing. But... God doesn't kill anybody, you know. Everybody dies in this sinful old world. Or I should say, at the end of our lives everybody sleeps, until the resurrection. If they were saved and we are faithful, trusting in Jesus, we WILL see them again. This is our hope. This is our comfort. See 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. We will get new bodies (yay!). See 1 Corinthians 15:50-55, I believe. Our earth will be made new and there will be no more pain, sickness, suffering, death or tears. (Revelation 21:8) Can't wait! ❤️❤️❤️
Yeah, that makes sense and that part was good but still. And yeah but doesn’t he decide when or whatever? So kind of the same? Could have decided for it to be sooner. But then family wouldn’t have made it I guess. And yeah that part does sound nice but it’s sooooo far away and doesn’t really help now :oops:

Yeah, that makes sense and that part was good but still. And yeah but doesn’t he decide when or whatever? So kind of the same? Could have decided for it to be sooner. But then family wouldn’t have made it I guess. And yeah that part does sound nice but it’s sooooo far away and doesn’t really help now :oops:
We don't know how far away His coming is. He says it is soon, and with all that is going on in the world that are the signs of His coming, it has to be very soon. But he does things that are best according to His wisdom, not ours.

Dawg, anger is one of the "steps" or responses we go through when we lose a loved one. Sounds like that's what you're experiencing now. Just know that it's okay and completely normal. He still loves you, and He'll see you through it. And we do too and we're here for you as well. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom