prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Luke 11:9 KJV
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luke 11:10 KJV
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

1 John 5:14-15 KJV
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: [15] And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Hi Rebecca, I've crossed paths with you on several threads on BYC. I always smile when I see your user name. I am going to pray for you and your family. I have been thru a divorce. It's was really hard on everyone. Hopefully your marriage can be saved and either way, I really hope hubby gets saved.

I'd like to share a Jesus story with you....now remarried and have a total of 4 kids. Three grown, one that will soon be 11 (Anna). 2 years ago we were at DH's uncle life celebration. A very Godly man. Anna accepted the Lord as her personal savior. A couple months later she was baptized. :D
Hi Rebecca. I am praying for your marriage too. I went through divorce also. Although it was very painful, I met my new husband in church 17 years ago. My ex remarried someone else. We are very happy, and have 100 chickens.

Hi, @gardenofeeding Welcome to the thread. I have been here two or three years and have never seen Rebecca, I don't know how long it's been since she was last seen on the thread. But this is a good place to be and there are lots of caring people here, carrying on what she started. We're happy you've joined us! I, too, was divorced many years ago, and have been happily married to a sweet, Godly man for 11 years now. God is so powerful, so loving and good! He can take our deepest hurts and the darkest chapters of our lives and turn them into sunshine and blessing! Praise Him, praise Him to the highest!

Luke 8:45 KJV
And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

This story is rich in lessons about God and Who He is. You know the story. Jesus is on His way to heal Jairus' 12-year old daughter, who is dying. A mob surrounds Him as He struggles to make His way there, pushing and shoving. But in that crush of people is a woman with a mission. She has heard of His ability to heal, but she has an ailment of a rather personal nature. She doesn't want to bring attention to it or to herself. She has struggled with it for years - a lifetime, in fact, as long as the dying girl has been alive. She may have been a woman of some wealth at one time, but this condition has cost her all that she once had, and she is now financially drained as well as physically diminished. She knows she will die if nothing changes. Jesus is her last hope. Ritually unclean, she cannot even go into the temple for cleansing, or to offer sacrifice, so she must meet Him where He is, on the street. She determines to touch His clothing only. But this also demands almost unspeakable courage, for at that time, in that place, a woman did not touch a man. It would have been unthinkable had He been a common man and not a Rabbi, a Teacher. Even more unthinkable had she not suffered any disease, but especially this flow of blood such as she experienced. If found out, she could have been stoned on the spot. Yet, what did she have to lose? She was already impoverished and dying. He was her only hope. And so, as He passed by, she reached out her trembling hand -

And immediately felt healing take place in her body! Relief flashed through her. But in that same instant, as she turned to go, she heard His voice and the crowd halted. "Who touched Me?"

Jesus knew who touched Him with the touch of faith, so different from the shoves and pushes of the careless crowd. He could have exposed her with a word, a smile, a touch, a nod. Why didn't He?

The record shows that when this woman realized that she was known, she revealed herself, trembling. From fear? Fear of Jesus? Of the crowd? Of exposure? Of humiliation? We are not told. In any case, she told her story. She told what she had longed to hide: that for twelve long years she had suffered an issue of menstrual bleeding, and a simple touch of the hem of Jesus' garment in secret had healed her.

I love Jesus' response. In every gospel account in which this story is told, Jesus says to her, "Daughter, go in peace, and be healed of your ailment (or plague). Your faith has made you whole." How long had it been since anyone called this poor, suffering woman, "Daughter?" Not, "Woman," which was a term of respect, but "Daughter," a term of tender endearment. That word must have healed her heart, just as her touch had healed her body.

Jesus asked the question so she could speak and give glory to God. So she could testify that she had been healed, and in so doing, give further evidence that Jesus was Who He claimed to be: the Messiah, the Son of the living God, the Christ in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies.

We, too, are blessed when we share what great things God through Christ has done for us.

I just love everything about this story, this story-within-a-story, because He still goes on to heal Jairus' daughter, who, incidentally, has died during this delay.

Have you been praying for healing for something for twelve years or more? Don't lose hope. He hears you. Keep praying and trust in Him. You are His daughter, His son. He has not forgotten you. And meanwhile, share the good news of His everlasting love for you. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom