prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I do too. I wish I could save every animal I come across that needs help. It kills me when I can't.
We used to do Great Dane rescue and we would sometimes be able to pull dogs from shelters(they usually hit the shelters at 6 months when they get too big and people realize how expensive they are to provide proper care-anesthesia is by the #). I could not go in because it hurt too much to leave the others behind. But I've learned that none of us can do everything but all of us can do something. I think I had to learn that before I became a counselor. I'm thankful for the lesson.

Update on Nika. Things aren’t looking good. She was better Friday and Saturday but started going downhill last night and we brought her to the vet this morning. Blood work indicates a severe infection in the abdomen which we are unsure is related to the luffa she ate or not. She is scheduled for exploratory surgery this afternoon and if she makes it she’ll be spending the rest of the week at the vet while they try to fight the infection.

Update on Nika. Things aren’t looking good. She was better Friday and Saturday but started going downhill last night and we brought her to the vet this morning. Blood work indicates a severe infection in the abdomen which we are unsure is related to the luffa she ate or not. She is scheduled for exploratory surgery this afternoon and if she makes it she’ll be spending the rest of the week at the vet while they try to fight the infection.
Hoping and praying all goes well

We used to do Great Dane rescue and we would sometimes be able to pull dogs from shelters(they usually hit the shelters at 6 months when they get too big and people realize how expensive they are to provide proper care-anesthesia is by the #). I could not go in because it hurt too much to leave the others behind. But I've learned that none of us can do everything but all of us can do something. I think I had to learn that before I became a counselor. I'm thankful for the lesson.
That's really neat that you could do that. Really sad that they would go to the shelter for that reason. 😢

I've did a rescue back in the late 2000's. There was a feral cat population down the street that I took in when I was a teen. All 40+. It was too expensive to get them all spayed / neutered, so my parents built a huge run (with a house big enough for me to walk into) to house the females, while the males were allowed to roam free. Turns out, one of the neighbors is pretty much breeding them, because the cat population came back. Right now I have four kittens that one of their cats had here (5th litter that I know of, just from this one cat...) and I'm trying to get the mother to come back to bring them to the neighbors because I can't take on any more. It breaks my heart to know that these cats will probably never know love.

That being said, I did take on one of the kittens from a previous litter and made her mine. (Mother abandoned her.) So I suppose I did something. I just hate I can't do the same for them all.

Oh no... I'll be praying. Poor dear! ❤️

That's really neat that you could do that. Really sad that they would go to the shelter for that reason. 😢

I've did a rescue back in the late 2000's. There was a feral cat population down the street that I took in when I was a teen. All 40+. It was too expensive to get them all spayed / neutered, so my parents built a huge run (with a house big enough for me to walk into) to house the females, while the males were allowed to roam free. Turns out, one of the neighbors is pretty much breeding them, because the cat population came back. Right now I have four kittens that one of their cats had here (5th litter that I know of, just from this one cat...) and I'm trying to get the mother to come back to bring them to the neighbors because I can't take on any more. It breaks my heart to know that these cats will probably never know love.

That being said, I did take on one of the kittens from a previous litter and made her mine. (Mother abandoned her.) So I suppose I did something. I just hate I can't do the same for them all.
You could call ask around at local rescues and see if any of them do TNRs(Trap, Neuter, Release) they would spay and neuter the adult cats and turn them lose, and find homes for the kittens that are young enough to be tamed.

Thank you for everyone who prayed for Nika. She passed a few minutes ago. When the vet began surgery they found advanced cancer and there was nothing to be done so we had her put down. She was only 5.
I'm so sorry! :hugs That's tough but you will be ok. Remember the good times, you know there's lots

Back
Top Bottom