prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Quick update on us - my dad took a turn for the worse, and he is requesting hospice. We have to have a doctor's note and are trying to find a doctor who will do a house call (his immune system is not good, and he doesn't want to leave for a hospital). So pray we are able to find someone soon. With this being a weekend and the weekend after Thanksgiving at that, we haven't found anyone thus far.

**Edited to add: also pray for us. I know hospice doesn't try to treat him, they make him comfortable until the end comes, which means if they grant hospice, I'll be losing my dad and my mom will be losing her husband, and it'll be hard on us too.
Praying

I just found this thread! God really is the best!!! I am dealing with an extreme hand injury currently (tendinitis) and have been dealing with it for months. I have re-injured it several times and been in a cast and am now in a brace. My horses all have fungal infections or cellulitis in their legs (dont worry we are treating every day) and my flock always has SOME issue. On top of that we found hidden toxic mold in our house lately. This year has been tough. It has been extremely trying for us. My hobby is horseback riding/caring....I would live in the saddle if I could! But right now we are stuck with injuries and health issues (for all of us). And thats ok, theres much more to horses than riding, simply seeing them everyday gives me joy, but its still hard not being able to ride/exercise my babies. I'm always doing something out there, whether its mucking the lean to, hand walking injured ponies, or wrapping swollen legs and giving antibiotics, I'm out there. Its exhausting, especially when I still have everything else to do, and thats ok, I love working out there and caring for them, but this year has just been tough. Through it all, I've been trying to keep my eyes on the Lord. Hes always there, its just not always easy to see Him. Glory to God!!!
Welcome, Pickles, we're so glad you found us ... Or rather, that the Lord led you here! :hugs Sounds like you really need some Prayer Warriors in your life! So sorry to hear about your horses, your hand and the mold in your house, here's hoping/ praying all those issues get resolved soon. These issues may try your patience and your courage, but if they drive you to your knees and bring you closer to the Lord, they will bless and strengthen you and be to His glory! God bless you in these trials! ā¤ļø

It's weird how it sometimes gives me notifications, other times I have to go searching for the thread. Like I haven't seen the Scripture Memorization thread in a while, and can't find it. šŸ¤Ŗ Weird how it works.
I think it's called Something to Ponder...šŸ¤”

Quick update on us - my dad took a turn for the worse, and he is requesting hospice. We have to have a doctor's note and are trying to find a doctor who will do a house call (his immune system is not good, and he doesn't want to leave for a hospital). So pray we are able to find someone soon. With this being a weekend and the weekend after Thanksgiving at that, we haven't found anyone thus far.

**Edited to add: also pray for us. I know hospice doesn't try to treat him, they make him comfortable until the end comes, which means if they grant hospice, I'll be losing my dad and my mom will be losing her husband, and it'll be hard on us too.
Absolutely will pray for you and your family. I'm sorry to hear your Dad is so sick and has opted to stop further treatment. It sounds like you're losing your Dad whether he goes into hospice or not; he's just moving into a more peaceful phase of his journey. (I've been here before with family and friends/clients). No more tests, treatments, x-rays, CT scans, MRI's, surgeries, needles, etc., just to prolong the inevitable, all of which are stressful, expensive and sometimes painful. Hospice is peaceful, relaxed, comforting. You get to stay home. Hospice workers come to you. As you said, they keep the patient comfortable. They should also work with the family, answering questions, keeping you all comfortable too. Hospice is a good thing when it's time for it. I would imagine he discussed it with his doctors and they helped him decide it was time. If your Dad is ready for it, they will take good care of him. :hugsYou'll be able to spend his last days or weeks with him at home instead of visiting him in a hospital.

It's weird how it sometimes gives me notifications, other times I have to go searching for the thread. Like I haven't seen the Scripture Memorization thread in a while, and can't find it. šŸ¤Ŗ Weird how it works.
It's in Family Life/ Stories, Pictures and Updates.

I just found this thread! God really is the best!!! I am dealing with an extreme hand injury currently (tendinitis) and have been dealing with it for months. I have re-injured it several times and been in a cast and am now in a brace. My horses all have fungal infections or cellulitis in their legs (dont worry we are treating every day) and my flock always has SOME issue. On top of that we found hidden toxic mold in our house lately. This year has been tough. It has been extremely trying for us. My hobby is horseback riding/caring....I would live in the saddle if I could! But right now we are stuck with injuries and health issues (for all of us). And thats ok, theres much more to horses than riding, simply seeing them everyday gives me joy, but its still hard not being able to ride/exercise my babies. I'm always doing something out there, whether its mucking the lean to, hand walking injured ponies, or wrapping swollen legs and giving antibiotics, I'm out there. Its exhausting, especially when I still have everything else to do, and thats ok, I love working out there and caring for them, but this year has just been tough. Through it all, I've been trying to keep my eyes on the Lord. Hes always there, its just not always easy to see Him. Glory to God!!!
:wee:wee:wee

Good Morning and Welcome!!

:hugs:hugs:hugs
Praying,

Praying ā¤ļø

These issues may try your patience and your courage, but if they drive you to your knees and bring you closer to the Lord, they will bless and strengthen you and be to His glory! God bless you in these trials! ā¤ļø
Amen!
There is a quote that I really like, I had it in my signature at one point:

" When life gets too hard to stand,
Kneel. "

Back
Top Bottom