prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

For everyone who asked the kittens are 12 weeks old. Supposedly all males. And here’s a few pictures I’ll post better ones in a few days right now they are still pretty freaked out and hiding. I did manage to very carefully touch 2 of them yesterday. The one in the first photo is the little guy who bit me lol.
5309532D-0C6E-44BC-9C11-A79A192BB300.jpeg
EA226960-3F59-4780-976A-48F6372937E9.jpeg

For everyone who asked the kittens are 12 weeks old. Supposedly all males. And here’s a few pictures I’ll post better ones in a few days right now they are still pretty freaked out and hiding. I did manage to very carefully touch 2 of them yesterday. The one in the first photo is the little guy who bit me lol.
View attachment 2911893View attachment 2911894
Precious! Hopefully they are young enough to be rehabbed and socialized. ❤️

What a cutie! Do I predict a future "failed foster"?
Probably not. Normally I don’t get overly attached to the kittens. (Older cats are a different story)
I also have to be very particular about foster fails since they would have to be able to handle having new fosters come in and out and that’s just too stressful from some cats.

Probably not. Normally I don’t get overly attached to the kittens. (Older cats are a different story)
I also have to be very particular about foster fails since they would have to be able to handle having new fosters come in and out and that’s just too stressful from some cats.
Understood. It takes a special person to do what you do! :hugs

Praise Report: on Thanksgiving Eve, my atheist brother, who lives in Lost Wages NV (his joke, Las Vegas, lol), told me he and his wife had canceled their plans for Thanksgiving bc their indoor cat, Tom, had gone missing and they hoped he might come home. Long story short, Tom made it home tonight after a neighbor 2 doors down spotted him on their Ring camera! My brother even texted me "PTL for sure," and I told him I had prayed about it, and he thanked me!

I don't expect my brother to become a Christian over it but ... Every little chink in his armor is, to me, a cause for celebration. So... Rejoice with me!

Absolutely will pray for you and your family. I'm sorry to hear your Dad is so sick and has opted to stop further treatment. It sounds like you're losing your Dad whether he goes into hospice or not; he's just moving into a more peaceful phase of his journey. (I've been here before with family and friends/clients). No more tests, treatments, x-rays, CT scans, MRI's, surgeries, needles, etc., just to prolong the inevitable, all of which are stressful, expensive and sometimes painful. Hospice is peaceful, relaxed, comforting. You get to stay home. Hospice workers come to you. As you said, they keep the patient comfortable. They should also work with the family, answering questions, keeping you all comfortable too. Hospice is a good thing when it's time for it. I would imagine he discussed it with his doctors and they helped him decide it was time. If your Dad is ready for it, they will take good care of him. :hugsYou'll be able to spend his last days or weeks with him at home instead of visiting him in a hospital.
Thank you all for the prayers. It's been a crazy weekend.

@BigBlueHen53: That's what was so difficult, he wasn't really on any treatment. Doctors gave up on him years ago, one doctor saying they wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole. Another wanted to help and run a few tests but my dad said no. So we've been caring for him ourselves the best we could. In 2019, he became bedridden from the pain and we had no way to get him to a doctor, even if he had wanted one.
Hospice won't come out without a doctor's approval, so we spent hours on Saturday trying to get a doctor to do a house call, but apparently, if you get sick on a weekend (especially Thanksgiving weekend), you're supposed to suffer until Monday or go to an ER. Dad said no ambulance, no hospital. He's been home, no doctors, no discussion, nothing. I was hoping that hospice might be able to help with pain and maybe he would finally cave in and let someone try to figure out what was wrong with him.
My hope died today when mom found that he had already passed away during the night. It's frustrating that he was in intense pain for so long and there was nothing we could do. It's frustrating to not have answers as to why he was in so much pain. He tried to research it himself, spending hours online, finding some symptoms but not all.
Mom and I are a bit of a mess - it doesn't feel like this is real, like I'll wake up from this nightmare - but I won't. The only thing that makes this bearable is that he promised me he was saved.
We asked if an autopsy could be done to find out what was wrong, but it would cost $3,800 and odds are it wouldn't tell us anything.
This also leaves me in quite a mental state because my dad thinks it was complications due to Ehler's Danlos Syndrome, and that's hereditary... and I show symptoms, my grandma (his mom) showed symptoms... but I'm not planning to make the same choices, so I'm hoping things will turn out differently for me. It kills me not knowing.

Back
Top Bottom