prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Amen!
There is a quote that I really like, I had it in my signature at one point:

" When life gets too hard to stand,
Kneel. "
I love it too. šŸ˜Š I made this for my blog years ago:

kneel-jpg.jpg

For everyone who asked the kittens are 12 weeks old. Supposedly all males. And hereā€™s a few pictures Iā€™ll post better ones in a few days right now they are still pretty freaked out and hiding. I did manage to very carefully touch 2 of them yesterday. The one in the first photo is the little guy who bit me lol.
View attachment 2911893View attachment 2911894
My heeeeeeeeeeart! ā¤ļø Hopefully they will open up to you. I've tamed feral cats that old before, however, because I was the only human contact, they only were tame to me and I didn't have anyone else interested in helping with the socializing, haha.

The one who bit you reminds me of a cat I had years ago I named Sonny because his fur was the color of sunshine.

Love the white one. Never have had a solid white one.

The white vest on that third one is so neat.

Praying the taming goes well! How is the bite today?
Weā€™re already making progress today! I went in their room around dark and they came out of hiding for the first timeView attachment 2912779
This one reminds me of another I had I named Lion. He was about this same age when I tamed him.

Probably not. Normally I donā€™t get overly attached to the kittens. (Older cats are a different story)
I also have to be very particular about foster fails since they would have to be able to handle having new fosters come in and out and thatā€™s just too stressful from some cats.
Oooohhhh gotcha. Haha, my cat Jackie is furious that the four kittens I'm fostering exist. She full on attacked me the other day. Hissing, spitting, growling like a dog... clawed me and bit me... I'm glad I had on thick pants.

Praise Report: on Thanksgiving Eve, my atheist brother, who lives in Lost Wages NV (his joke, Las Vegas, lol), told me he and his wife had canceled their plans for Thanksgiving bc their indoor cat, Tom, had gone missing and they hoped he might come home. Long story short, Tom made it home tonight after a neighbor 2 doors down spotted him on their Ring camera! My brother even texted me "PTL for sure," and I told him I had prayed about it, and he thanked me!

I don't expect my brother to become a Christian over it but ... Every little chink in his armor is, to me, a cause for celebration. So... Rejoice with me!
That's great!! šŸ™Œ ā¤ļø

Thank you all for the prayers. It's been a crazy weekend.

@BigBlueHen53: That's what was so difficult, he wasn't really on any treatment. Doctors gave up on him years ago, one doctor saying they wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole. Another wanted to help and run a few tests but my dad said no. So we've been caring for him ourselves the best we could. In 2019, he became bedridden from the pain and we had no way to get him to a doctor, even if he had wanted one.
Hospice won't come out without a doctor's approval, so we spent hours on Saturday trying to get a doctor to do a house call, but apparently, if you get sick on a weekend (especially Thanksgiving weekend), you're supposed to suffer until Monday or go to an ER. Dad said no ambulance, no hospital. He's been home, no doctors, no discussion, nothing. I was hoping that hospice might be able to help with pain and maybe he would finally cave in and let someone try to figure out what was wrong with him.
My hope died today when mom found that he had already passed away during the night. It's frustrating that he was in intense pain for so long and there was nothing we could do. It's frustrating to not have answers as to why he was in so much pain. He tried to research it himself, spending hours online, finding some symptoms but not all.
Mom and I are a bit of a mess - it doesn't feel like this is real, like I'll wake up from this nightmare - but I won't. The only thing that makes this bearable is that he promised me he was saved.
We asked if an autopsy could be done to find out what was wrong, but it would cost $3,800 and odds are it wouldn't tell us anything.
This also leaves me in quite a mental state because my dad thinks it was complications due to Ehler's Danlos Syndrome, and that's hereditary... and I show symptoms, my grandma (his mom) showed symptoms... but I'm not planning to make the same choices, so I'm hoping things will turn out differently for me. It kills me not knowing.
I'm praying for healing and strength for you and your mom. Remember, your dad is no longer suffering. I'm very sorry for your loss

@BigBlueHen53: That's what was so difficult, he wasn't really on any treatment. Doctors gave up on him years ago, one doctor saying they wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole. Another wanted to help and run a few tests but my dad said no. So we've been caring for him ourselves the best we could. In 2019, he became bedridden from the pain and we had no way to get him to a doctor, even if he had wanted one.
Hospice won't come out without a doctor's approval, so we spent hours on Saturday trying to get a doctor to do a house call, but apparently, if you get sick on a weekend (especially Thanksgiving weekend), you're supposed to suffer until Monday or go to an ER. Dad said no ambulance, no hospital. He's been home, no doctors, no discussion, nothing. I was hoping that hospice might be able to help with pain and maybe he would finally cave in and let someone try to figure out what was wrong with him.
My hope died today when mom found that he had already passed away during the night. It's frustrating that he was in intense pain for so long and there was nothing we could do. It's frustrating to not have answers as to why he was in so much pain. He tried to research it himself, spending hours online, finding some symptoms but not all.
Mom and I are a bit of a mess - it doesn't feel like this is real, like I'll wake up from this nightmare - but I won't. The only thing that makes this bearable is that he promised me he was saved.
We asked if an autopsy could be done to find out what was wrong, but it would cost $3,800 and odds are it wouldn't tell us anything.
This also leaves me in quite a mental state because my dad thinks it was complications due to Ehler's Danlos Syndrome, and that's hereditary... and I show symptoms, my grandma (his mom) showed symptoms... but I'm not planning to make the same choices, so I'm hoping things will turn out differently for me. It kills me not knowing.

he had already passed away during the night

I am so sorry for your family's loss, to know he is no longer in pain is a small comfort, to know he is with our Lord is also a comfort.
And, the Holy Spirit is the great comforter, He is there with you all interceding on your behalf to the Father as are all of us keeping all of you in our prayers. :hugs:hugs:hugs

and if it was Ehler's Danlos Syndrome, ( Idont know anything about it) is there anything that could have been done? and it may be worth knowing what it was for the rest of the family. It could have been something completely different that by knowing could help many in the family. It may be a CC bill but knowing could save other family money down the road.

Prayers and love to you all
Becky

I am so sorry for your family's loss, to know he is no longer in pain is a small comfort, to know he is with our Lord is also a comfort.
Thank you. ā¤ļø It is a comfort.
And, the Holy Spirit is the great comforter, He is there with you all interceding on your behalf to the Father as are all of us keeping all of you in our prayers. :hugs:hugs:hugs
ā¤ļø
( I dont know anything about it) is there anything that could have been done?
I don't know. It's a hypermobility disorder that affects the connective tissue (joints and other things made of cartilage). https://www.ehlers-danlos.com/what-is-eds/ It can affect a lot, but there is no cure that I know of. It seems nerves in his neck were affected somehow because it depended on his head position sometimes how intense the pain was and other stuff. He had to lay still and not move and we had to be careful because accidentally touching him could cause major pain.

**edited to add: I have a friend who was diagnosed with it and she and her daughter are being treated for it, but doctors treat symptoms, they can't cure it. So it looks like it might be manageable in some cases depending on how bad it is.

and it may be worth knowing what it was for the rest of the family. It could have been something completely different that by knowing could help many in the family. It may be a CC bill but knowing could save other family money down the road.

Prayers and love to you all
Becky
This is what I was thinking too, but the coroner told us that they wouldn't be able to tell about Ehler's Danlos Syndrom or some things we suspected after death, that he should have tested for things while alive.

Oh Sweetie, where to start ... I'm so sorry you've lost your Dad, but to do so under such circumstances.... Oh my. Please extend our condolences to your dear mother as well. :hugs I'm sorry your Dad could not find the help he so obviously needed, but I am glad that he died at home, among family, those who loved him and whom he loved. As for the diagnosis and the possibility that you may carry this gene - is there any way you can be genetically screened to find out? Even if it is expensive, it may be worth it to know as soon as possible. Sweetie, my heart goes out to you.. my prayer shall be that you will feel the comforting presence of the Lord at this time and know how very much He loves you and will sustain you and your mother and grandmother in this difficult time. ā¤ļø

Back
Top Bottom