prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Is the white kitten a blue-eyed pure white male? Could be deaf... It's a sex-linked characteristic.
He’s a flame point. Orange tips on ears and tail so little to no concern about deafness.
Unfortunately Im very worried about him right now. Hes been less active than his brothers and this morning he took a turn for the worst. He’s very weak, having trouble walking and allowing me to pick him up without complaint. We managed to get a syringe of pedilate in him and I’m about to rush him to the vet. Please pray that it’s not anything serious and especially not rabies which would be worst case scenario for him, his litter mates and me.

He’s a flame point. Orange tips on ears and tail so little to no concern about deafness.
Unfortunately Im very worried about him right now. Hes been less active than his brothers and this morning he took a turn for the worst. He’s very weak, having trouble walking and allowing me to pick him up without complaint. We managed to get a syringe of pedilate in him and I’m about to rush him to the vet. Please pray that it’s not anything serious and especially not rabies which would be worst case scenario for him, his litter mates and me.
Oh my ... Okay, Hon praying now. I'm at the vet with a sick cat myself.

Thank you all for the prayers. It's been a crazy weekend.

@BigBlueHen53: That's what was so difficult, he wasn't really on any treatment. Doctors gave up on him years ago, one doctor saying they wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole. Another wanted to help and run a few tests but my dad said no. So we've been caring for him ourselves the best we could. In 2019, he became bedridden from the pain and we had no way to get him to a doctor, even if he had wanted one.
Hospice won't come out without a doctor's approval, so we spent hours on Saturday trying to get a doctor to do a house call, but apparently, if you get sick on a weekend (especially Thanksgiving weekend), you're supposed to suffer until Monday or go to an ER. Dad said no ambulance, no hospital. He's been home, no doctors, no discussion, nothing. I was hoping that hospice might be able to help with pain and maybe he would finally cave in and let someone try to figure out what was wrong with him.
My hope died today when mom found that he had already passed away during the night. It's frustrating that he was in intense pain for so long and there was nothing we could do. It's frustrating to not have answers as to why he was in so much pain. He tried to research it himself, spending hours online, finding some symptoms but not all.
Mom and I are a bit of a mess - it doesn't feel like this is real, like I'll wake up from this nightmare - but I won't. The only thing that makes this bearable is that he promised me he was saved.
We asked if an autopsy could be done to find out what was wrong, but it would cost $3,800 and odds are it wouldn't tell us anything.
This also leaves me in quite a mental state because my dad thinks it was complications due to Ehler's Danlos Syndrome, and that's hereditary... and I show symptoms, my grandma (his mom) showed symptoms... but I'm not planning to make the same choices, so I'm hoping things will turn out differently for me. It kills me not knowing.
I'm so sorry for your family's loss :hugs ❤️

I'd like you to listen this song if you haven't already:
Scars in Heaven by Casting Crowns

Hope it helps :hugs :hugs

Just know that Jesus is the perfect shoulder to lean on, He will help you through it all when you trust Him with all your heart ❤️ You are such a strong individual!

Praying for you and your loved ones ❤️ :hugs

Just left the vet. The vet believes that the kitten is either in acute kidney failure, has Addison’s disease of a combination of the two. The vet is keeping him overnight in an attempt to stabilize him.
At least it isn't rabies. That would be awful.

Sorry about the news though :(

Thank you. Praying your cat gets well soon.
Thanks. She has a really bad (very stinky!) UTI. Got meds, a shot and a bag of kidney support food. She is locked in my room as the vet wants to know in the morning whether she is eating, pooping and peeing. And when my GirlChild gets here, she is going to have a shower, too! :sick

Back
Top Bottom