prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

So my Lucy cat has a pretty intense UTI going on. Vet wants me to call in the morning to let him know she is eating, peeing and pooping. I think he is concerned she is on the edge of kidneys shutting down. But good news, she is eating pretty good and peeing some although I hope to see more by morning. She was "assuming the position" all over the yard yesterday and holding it a long time, so I really thought she was constipated. But when she came to bed last night, she had a horrible odor of urine about her, so I snapped to the fact that the problem was with her bladder. Glad I got her in and my vet is so awesome. With the meds he sent (which of course she hates) and the UTI support diet, she should be good as new in no time. She is snuggled next to me right now, purring. ❤️

PXL_20211130_021053239.jpg

Oh Sweetie, where to start ... I'm so sorry you've lost your Dad, but to do so under such circumstances.... Oh my. Please extend our condolences to your dear mother as well. :hugs
Thank you. And I will. ❤️

I'm sorry your Dad could not find the help he so obviously needed, but I am glad that he died at home, among family, those who loved him and whom he loved.
Thanks, I guess I'm glad for that too. Yesterday he said he wanted to rest alone, so we left not realizing it would be the last time.

As for the diagnosis and the possibility that you may carry this gene - is there any way you can be genetically screened to find out? Even if it is expensive, it may be worth it to know as soon as possible.
Yes and I plan to do it when we can. It's complicated because long story short... I don't have insurance right now.

Sweetie, my heart goes out to you.. my prayer shall be that you will feel the comforting presence of the Lord at this time and know how very much He loves you and will sustain you and your mother and grandmother in this difficult time. ❤️
Thank you. ❤️

@BesideStillWaters
So sorry for your loss. Praying for your family and your health both.
Thank you. ❤️

He’s a flame point. Orange tips on ears and tail so little to no concern about deafness.
Unfortunately Im very worried about him right now. Hes been less active than his brothers and this morning he took a turn for the worst. He’s very weak, having trouble walking and allowing me to pick him up without complaint. We managed to get a syringe of pedilate in him and I’m about to rush him to the vet. Please pray that it’s not anything serious and especially not rabies which would be worst case scenario for him, his litter mates and me.
I'll be praying!

I've dealt with many many sick kittens. Has he been eating? If he isn't vaccinated... I'd fear something like parvo. We lost litters to that nasty thing.

Oh my ... Okay, Hon praying now. I'm at the vet with a sick cat myself.
Oh no, so sorry. I'll be praying for you as well.

Ephesians 5
Philippians 2
images (4).jpg
❤️

I'm so sorry for your family's loss :hugs ❤️

I'd like you to listen this song if you haven't already:
Scars in Heaven by Casting Crowns

Hope it helps :hugs :hugs

Just know that Jesus is the perfect shoulder to lean on, He will help you through it all when you trust Him with all your heart ❤️ You are such a strong individual!

Praying for you and your loved ones ❤️ :hugs
Beautiful song, thank you for sharing!

Amen. ❤️

Thank you!

Just left the vet. The vet believes that the kitten is either in acute kidney failure, has Addison’s disease of a combination of the two. The vet is keeping him overnight in an attempt to stabilize him.
Oh no! I've not heard of Addison's, I'll look that up in a minute.

Thanks. She has a really bad (very stinky!) UTI. Got meds, a shot and a bag of kidney support food. She is locked in my room as the vet wants to know in the morning whether she is eating, pooping and peeing. And when my GirlChild gets here, she is going to have a shower, too! :sick
Oh my. I'll be praying! I've had cats with pneumonia and the antibiotic shot did wonders. Praying it will help your cat's infection too.

So my Lucy cat has a pretty intense UTI going on. Vet wants me to call in the morning to let him know she is eating, peeing and pooping. I think he is concerned she is on the edge of kidneys shutting down. But good news, she is eating pretty good and peeing some although I hope to see more by morning. She was "assuming the position" all over the yard yesterday and holding it a long time, so I really thought she was constipated. But when she came to bed last night, she had a horrible odor of urine about her, so I snapped to the fact that the problem was with her bladder. Glad I got her in and my vet is so awesome. With the meds he sent (which of course she hates) and the UTI support diet, she should be good as new in no time. She is snuggled next to me right now, purring. ❤️

View attachment 2913713
So glad she is eating! In my experience, if they quit eating, that's usually it. Rarely have I had one come back once they quit eating.

We had a vet appointment today for the four kittens I'm fostering, but after everything over the weekend with my dad passing away, we had to cancel it. There isn't anything wrong that we know of, I just wanted a clean bill of health before adopting them out. So we moved the appointment for later in the week after mom and I can both recover a bit. We didn't sleep last night and didn't eat yesterday or today much.

On a brighter note - I wish my dad was here to see - but I got two pretty great shots for the free kitten poster I'm making. These two are the only two to cooperate; Dinah and Panther were too scared of the wreath. These kittens really know how to cheer us up, haha. A friend told us we are getting kitten therapy. 😅 First is Serena, second is Earl Grey.

IMG_0067 (2).JPG

IMG_0066 (2).JPG

She is so beautiful by the way! Reminds me of a Siamese in coloring.
Thank you! Her mother was a Siamese, daddy was a tabby. I've heard them called lynx-point, tabby-point, and snow tigers. She was almost all white when we got her as a kitten but has gradually darkened to a bluish gray. Her oints are stripy like a tabby. My late MIL used to say she looked like she came down the chimney, lol! I've had these before and someone asked me if my first one was part raccoon! :lau

We had a vet appointment today for the four kittens I'm fostering, but after everything over the weekend with my dad passing away, we had to cancel it. There isn't anything wrong that we know of, I just wanted a clean bill of health before adopting them out. So we moved the appointment for later in the week after mom and I can both recover a bit. We didn't sleep last night and didn't eat yesterday or today much.

On a brighter note - I wish my dad was here to see - but I got two pretty great shots for the free kitten poster I'm making. These two are the only two to cooperate; Dinah and Panther were too scared of the wreath. These kittens really know how to cheer us up, haha. A friend told us we are getting kitten therapy. 😅 First is Serena, second is Earl Grey.

View attachment 2913766

View attachment 2913772
Those would make GREAT Christmas cards for your fostering program or pics for a calendar! Those are great!

Back
Top Bottom