prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Okay hopefully my last update on foster kitties unless anyone wants to hear when they get adopted. Kitten #1 is much better and was able to come home. He has several check ups scheduled including to see if it is Addisons diasease. Kittens #2 and #3 just have flea anemia and and mild dehydration plus stress but otherwise seem fine. Kitten #3 is the one who bit me and he gave the vet heck when they tried to draw blood.:gig

Thank you to everyone who prayed the vet says it’s a miracle that we even got kitten #1 to the vet alive with how bad his numbers were. Much less for him to be so much better today.
Glad to hear it sounds like they are all going to survive ... And OF COURSE we are going to want updates (and pics) on their growth, development, antics and adoptions! What, do we have hearts of stone? They are KITTENS! :lau

Praying for you ❤️
We all feel like lost sheep at times, and that's okay. It's important to put your trust in the Lord and put on the Full Armor of God to protect yourself from the Evil one :hugs
I love that Armor of God thing. I try to run through it every morning as I get dressed. Run a brush though my hair -helmet of salvation. Put on a shirt - Breastplate of righteousness. Put on my jeans or sweats ,- girdle of Truth. Shoes, Preparation of the gospel of peace (to me this means all those Bible verses we are memorizing, bc I can't go far in sharing the good news without a firm foundation in understanding that!). Then I pick up my phone and put it in my pocket, this is my Shield of Faith because it's my Bible. And finally I pick up my cane, and this reminds me I need the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Six items, and I'm ready to face the day!

Thank you guys!

I have gotten most of the overdues dealt with (from 20 to 2), so I am very happy about that, I just don't want to get in the habit of not spending time in the Word or not spending time in Worship.

You guys are family to me! We are united in Christ. Thank you again. :hugs
The best way I know to always have time for God and for worship is to take care of that FIRST. Don't give Him what's left at the end of the day when you're tired and can't keep your eyes open, give Him your best time when you're fresh, even if it's just a few minutes first thing in the morning. Meet with Him when the day is young, consecrate yourself to him in the early morning hours, ask Him to guide and direct and bless your day - and see what happens! His blessings are fresh every morning, like manna.

That's wonderful, Kikiruru! That must have made your day an especially thankful one! When is the last time you saw Dil and the baby?
In August
Please pray for me. I was transferring new foster kittens to a new cage and one of them decided to bite me. It punctured the nail so I will be going to get antibiotics and will possibly be starting a round of rabies vaccines tomorrow. Please pray that it doesn’t get infected and that there is no rabies. It’s unlikely but still a concern since these are semi feral. (P.S I don’t blame the kitten at all. It was terrified and I just wasn’t being careful enough)

Praying

I just found this thread! God really is the best!!! I am dealing with an extreme hand injury currently (tendinitis) and have been dealing with it for months. I have re-injured it several times and been in a cast and am now in a brace. My horses all have fungal infections or cellulitis in their legs (dont worry we are treating every day) and my flock always has SOME issue. On top of that we found hidden toxic mold in our house lately. This year has been tough. It has been extremely trying for us. My hobby is horseback riding/caring....I would live in the saddle if I could! But right now we are stuck with injuries and health issues (for all of us). And thats ok, theres much more to horses than riding, simply seeing them everyday gives me joy, but its still hard not being able to ride/exercise my babies. I'm always doing something out there, whether its mucking the lean to, hand walking injured ponies, or wrapping swollen legs and giving antibiotics, I'm out there. Its exhausting, especially when I still have everything else to do, and thats ok, I love working out there and caring for them, but this year has just been tough. Through it all, I've been trying to keep my eyes on the Lord. Hes always there, its just not always easy to see Him. Glory to God!!!
Welcome

Quick update on us - my dad took a turn for the worse, and he is requesting hospice. We have to have a doctor's note and are trying to find a doctor who will do a house call (his immune system is not good, and he doesn't want to leave for a hospital). So pray we are able to find someone soon. With this being a weekend and the weekend after Thanksgiving at that, we haven't found anyone thus far.

**Edited to add: also pray for us. I know hospice doesn't try to treat him, they make him comfortable until the end comes, which means if they grant hospice, I'll be losing my dad and my mom will be losing her husband, and it'll be hard on us too.
Praying for you and your family

Thank you all for the prayers. It's been a crazy weekend.

@BigBlueHen53: That's what was so difficult, he wasn't really on any treatment. Doctors gave up on him years ago, one doctor saying they wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole. Another wanted to help and run a few tests but my dad said no. So we've been caring for him ourselves the best we could. In 2019, he became bedridden from the pain and we had no way to get him to a doctor, even if he had wanted one.
Hospice won't come out without a doctor's approval, so we spent hours on Saturday trying to get a doctor to do a house call, but apparently, if you get sick on a weekend (especially Thanksgiving weekend), you're supposed to suffer until Monday or go to an ER. Dad said no ambulance, no hospital. He's been home, no doctors, no discussion, nothing. I was hoping that hospice might be able to help with pain and maybe he would finally cave in and let someone try to figure out what was wrong with him.
My hope died today when mom found that he had already passed away during the night. It's frustrating that he was in intense pain for so long and there was nothing we could do. It's frustrating to not have answers as to why he was in so much pain. He tried to research it himself, spending hours online, finding some symptoms but not all.
Mom and I are a bit of a mess - it doesn't feel like this is real, like I'll wake up from this nightmare - but I won't. The only thing that makes this bearable is that he promised me he was saved.
We asked if an autopsy could be done to find out what was wrong, but it would cost $3,800 and odds are it wouldn't tell us anything.
This also leaves me in quite a mental state because my dad thinks it was complications due to Ehler's Danlos Syndrome, and that's hereditary... and I show symptoms, my grandma (his mom) showed symptoms... but I'm not planning to make the same choices, so I'm hoping things will turn out differently for me. It kills me not knowing.
I m sorry for your loss ❤️

Please pray for me. I was transferring new foster kittens to a new cage and one of them decided to bite me. It punctured the nail so I will be going to get antibiotics and will possibly be starting a round of rabies vaccines tomorrow. Please pray that it doesn’t get infected and that there is no rabies. It’s unlikely but still a concern since these are semi feral. (P.S I don’t blame the kitten at all. It was terrified and I just wasn’t being careful enough)
🙏

Back
Top Bottom